Reserved Words

Hi,
    I need to find a list of reserved words for STANDARD Pascal.  All I can
find are lists of Turbo Pascal reserved words.  Does anyone know where I can
find this?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie

Re:Reserved Words

Jamie Rosner wrote:
>     I need to find a list of reserved words for STANDARD Pascal.  All I can
> find are lists of Turbo Pascal reserved words.  Does anyone know where I can
> find this?

You mean, there is a STANDARD?  If so, I suggest you get a copy of it,
and look at the reserved-word-list contained therein.

     - Rich

Re:Reserved Words

Jamie Rosner wrote:
> Hi,
>     I need to find a list of reserved words for STANDARD Pascal.  All I can
> find are lists of Turbo Pascal reserved words.  Does anyone know where I can
> find this?

(Question probably better asked in c.l.p.misc)

My book covering Standard Pascal shows:

and, array, begin, case, const, div, do, downto, else, end, file, for,
forward, function, goto, if, in, lable, mod, nil, not, of, or, packed,
procedure, program, record, repeat, set, then, to, type, until, var, while,
with

> Thanks in advance,
> Jamie

Re:Reserved Words

Rich Pasco wrote:

> Jamie Rosner wrote:

> >     I need to find a list of reserved words for STANDARD Pascal.  All I can
> > find are lists of Turbo Pascal reserved words.  Does anyone know where I can
> > find this?

> You mean, there is a STANDARD?

Yes - indeed there's even _more_ than one.
Guess what the people in c.l.p.ansi-iso are discussing ;-)

[...]

Re:Reserved Words

Jamie Rosner wrote:
> Hi,
>     I need to find a list of reserved words for STANDARD Pascal.  All
> I can
> find are lists of Turbo Pascal reserved words.  Does anyone know where
> I can
> find this?

John Reagan has a pointer to the ISO report on the Standard.  The
following list is
from Jensen & Wirth:

AND, ARRAY, BEGIN, CASE, CONST, DIV, DO, DOWNTO, ELSE, END,
FILE, FOR, FUNCTION, GOTO, IF, IN, LABEL, MOD, NIL, NOT, OF, OR,
PACKED, PROCEDURE, PROGRAM, RECORD, REPEAT, SET, THEN, TO,
TYPE, UNTIL, VAR, WHILE, WITH.

     Hope this is helpful.

Bob Schor
Pascal Enthusiast

Re:Reserved Words

I asked:

> You mean, there is a STANDARD?

Christopher Eltschka replied:

> Yes - indeed there's even _more_ than one.

That's exactly what I mean.  When there is more than one standard,
then by definition, none of them are "standard" any more.

     - Rich

Re:Reserved Words

In article <36FCFA33.4...@best.com>, Rich Pasco  <pa...@best.com> wrote:
:I asked:
:> You mean, there is a STANDARD?
:Christopher Eltschka replied:
:> Yes - indeed there's even _more_ than one.

:That's exactly what I mean.  When there is more than one standard,
:then by definition, none of them are "standard" any more.

That's the standard response. :-)

   All the best, Timo  (aka Perfesser Pundit in news:rec.humor)

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Other Threads