Board index » delphi » How to add a delphi form to an Outlook Item (newbie question)

How to add a delphi form to an Outlook Item (newbie question)

Hi,

I'm trying to add an additional form to some Outlook.Items (esp. contact,
appointment) that contain some special fields from my custom external
database (connected via ADO) and some buttons with my own functions.
Whenever the user opens a contact or create a new one, my custom delphi form
should be shown right after the "standard-page" of the outlook-contact.
Therefor I already created an addin (as DLL), that starts everytime outlook
starts. So how can I add an modified page that I build up already in Delphi
as active form (or whatever I should use therefore)???
What kind of form I have to add to my DelphiProject???

I'm very beginner in matter of ActiveX and AddIn-programming - so some
simple codesnippets would be fine.

thx in advance - Chris

 

Re:How to add a delphi form to an Outlook Item (newbie question)


You have two options
1. Create a form from the scratch using Extended MAPI - could be challenging if
you've never done this.
2. Modify an existing Outlook form on the fly - see Inspector.ModifiedFormPages
object

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote
"Chris" <C-2...@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3c873b4b$1_1@dnews...
> Hi,

> I'm trying to add an additional form to some Outlook.Items (esp. contact,
> appointment) that contain some special fields from my custom external
> database (connected via ADO) and some buttons with my own functions.
> Whenever the user opens a contact or create a new one, my custom delphi form
> should be shown right after the "standard-page" of the outlook-contact.
> Therefor I already created an addin (as DLL), that starts everytime outlook
> starts. So how can I add an modified page that I build up already in Delphi
> as active form (or whatever I should use therefore)???
> What kind of form I have to add to my DelphiProject???

> I'm very beginner in matter of ActiveX and AddIn-programming - so some
> simple codesnippets would be fine.

> thx in advance - Chris

Re:How to add a delphi form to an Outlook Item (newbie question)


Which option would you recommand? And why?

regards
Jens Holtsmark

Quote
"Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmi...@dimastr.com> wrote in message

news:3c879dba_1@dnews...
Quote
> You have two options
> 1. Create a form from the scratch using Extended MAPI - could be
challenging if
> you've never done this.
> 2. Modify an existing Outlook form on the fly - see

Inspector.ModifiedFormPages
Quote
> object

> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool

> "Chris" <C-2...@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3c873b4b$1_1@dnews...
> > Hi,

> > I'm trying to add an additional form to some Outlook.Items (esp.
contact,
> > appointment) that contain some special fields from my custom external
> > database (connected via ADO) and some buttons with my own functions.
> > Whenever the user opens a contact or create a new one, my custom delphi
form
> > should be shown right after the "standard-page" of the outlook-contact.
> > Therefor I already created an addin (as DLL), that starts everytime
outlook
> > starts. So how can I add an modified page that I build up already in
Delphi
> > as active form (or whatever I should use therefore)???
> > What kind of form I have to add to my DelphiProject???

> > I'm very beginner in matter of ActiveX and AddIn-programming - so some
> > simple codesnippets would be fine.

> > thx in advance - Chris

Re:How to add a delphi form to an Outlook Item (newbie question)


If you've never done any Extended MAPI programming, go with #2. You'll have to
write custom code in VBA and you can use any ActiveX controls developed in
Delphi. See http://www.slipstick.com for hints on Outlook forms development. See
also *.outlook.program_form newsgroup on msnews.microsoft.com

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote
"Jens Holtsmark" <j...@holtsmark.com> wrote in message

news:3c8a7689$1_2@dnews...
Quote
> Which option would you recommand? And why?

> regards
> Jens Holtsmark

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmi...@dimastr.com> wrote in message
> news:3c879dba_1@dnews...
> > You have two options
> > 1. Create a form from the scratch using Extended MAPI - could be
> challenging if
> > you've never done this.
> > 2. Modify an existing Outlook form on the fly - see
> Inspector.ModifiedFormPages
> > object

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> > http://www.dimastr.com/
> > OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > "Chris" <C-2...@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3c873b4b$1_1@dnews...
> > > Hi,

> > > I'm trying to add an additional form to some Outlook.Items (esp.
> contact,
> > > appointment) that contain some special fields from my custom external
> > > database (connected via ADO) and some buttons with my own functions.
> > > Whenever the user opens a contact or create a new one, my custom delphi
> form
> > > should be shown right after the "standard-page" of the outlook-contact.
> > > Therefor I already created an addin (as DLL), that starts everytime
> outlook
> > > starts. So how can I add an modified page that I build up already in
> Delphi
> > > as active form (or whatever I should use therefore)???
> > > What kind of form I have to add to my DelphiProject???

> > > I'm very beginner in matter of ActiveX and AddIn-programming - so some
> > > simple codesnippets would be fine.

> > > thx in advance - Chris

Other Threads