ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

Hello,

    I have patched ADO Express both patches, Patched Delphi
    Recompiled / Rebuild the package too.
    But Still I face problem of "Either BOF or EOF...." error. While Closing
the ADO Table.
    I tried with OLEDB 4.0 and ODBC both no solution yet ! :-(

    I am using D5, MDAC 2.6, Win 2000 Pro, Access 2000 db

    any work around or solutions ??

    tejasvi

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

May be you have to uncheck the use of packages in the project options,

Martijn Houtman

"async" <tejasvi_he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

>     I have patched ADO Express both patches, Patched Delphi
>     Recompiled / Rebuild the package too.
>     But Still I face problem of "Either BOF or EOF...." error. While
Closing
> the ADO Table.
>     I tried with OLEDB 4.0 and ODBC both no solution yet ! :-(

>     I am using D5, MDAC 2.6, Win 2000 Pro, Access 2000 db

>     any work around or solutions ??

>     tejasvi

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

I ALSO TRIED TO APPLY THE INFORMAL PATCH, I RECOMPILED THE WHOLE PROJECT, I
DONT USE THE COMPILED PACKAGES, BUT I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS. THERE MIGHT
BE SOMETHING ELSE , OR DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL THE WHOLE DELPHI?

REGARDS

ROGER

Martijn Houtman <m.hout...@hccnet.nl> escribi en el mensaje de noticias
3a0fc6eb_2@dnews...

> May be you have to uncheck the use of packages in the project options,

> Martijn Houtman

> "async" <tejasvi_he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,

> >     I have patched ADO Express both patches, Patched Delphi
> >     Recompiled / Rebuild the package too.
> >     But Still I face problem of "Either BOF or EOF...." error. While
> Closing
> > the ADO Table.
> >     I tried with OLEDB 4.0 and ODBC both no solution yet ! :-(

> >     I am using D5, MDAC 2.6, Win 2000 Pro, Access 2000 db

> >     any work around or solutions ??

> >     tejasvi

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

Once the patch is applied you shouldn't have to do anything but recompile
the application.  Try recompiling your application with the VCL source and
see if you can figure out which line of code is throwing the exception.

Mark

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

HI

I TRIED TO RECOMPILE WITH THE SOURCE FILE(.PAS), THE ADODB.DCU IS
RECOMPILED, BUT I GUESS  THE ERRORS RAISE ONLY WHEN I RUN THE
APPLICATION WITHIN THE DELPHI ENVIRONMENT, THE STAND ALONE APPLICATION
WORKS QUITE FINE AT RUNTIME. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Mark Edington (Borland) wrote:

> Once the patch is applied you shouldn't have to do anything but recompile
> the application.  Try recompiling your application with the VCL source and
> see if you can figure out which line of code is throwing the exception.

> Mark

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

I have asked this question on Nov 12,2000. You should uninstall MDAC2.6 to
resolve this problem. The following is somebody gived me, It worked fine.

# Hi Alder,

# Microsoft knew something they chose not to share with the rest of us
# when they released MDAC 2.6.

# To the best of my knowledge, it is the first version they allow you to
# uninstall.

# The precise instructions are given on the link
# http://support.microsoft.com/view/dev.asp?ID=hl&pg=mdac.asp

# Cheers

Alder Jeo
Nov 15,2000

"Martijn Houtman" <m.hout...@hccnet.nl> wrote in message

> May be you have to uncheck the use of packages in the project options,

> Martijn Houtman

> "async" <tejasvi_he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,

> >     I have patched ADO Express both patches, Patched Delphi
> >     Recompiled / Rebuild the package too.
> >     But Still I face problem of "Either BOF or EOF...." error. While
> Closing
> > the ADO Table.
> >     I tried with OLEDB 4.0 and ODBC both no solution yet ! :-(

> >     I am using D5, MDAC 2.6, Win 2000 Pro, Access 2000 db

> >     any work around or solutions ??

> >     tejasvi

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

> I TRIED TO RECOMPILE WITH THE SOURCE FILE(.PAS), THE ADODB.DCU IS
> RECOMPILED, BUT I GUESS  THE ERRORS RAISE ONLY WHEN I RUN THE
> APPLICATION WITHIN THE DELPHI ENVIRONMENT, THE STAND ALONE APPLICATION
> WORKS QUITE FINE AT RUNTIME. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?.

The patch program includes a separate button to update your VCLADO50.BPL
file (in your Window's system directory).  Just run the patch again and
click that button.

Mark

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

And download the patch again, because the button is only on the newest
patch. The older one had no button.

Martijn Houtman

"Mark Edington (Borland)" <meding...@nolunchmeat.com> wrote in message

> > I TRIED TO RECOMPILE WITH THE SOURCE FILE(.PAS), THE ADODB.DCU IS
> > RECOMPILED, BUT I GUESS  THE ERRORS RAISE ONLY WHEN I RUN THE
> > APPLICATION WITHIN THE DELPHI ENVIRONMENT, THE STAND ALONE APPLICATION
> > WORKS QUITE FINE AT RUNTIME. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?.

> The patch program includes a separate button to update your VCLADO50.BPL
> file (in your Window's system directory).  Just run the patch again and
> click that button.

> Mark

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

Yes,

Un-installing MDAC 2.6 solves the problem.

But it's very painful to un install as i have seen in

Windows 2000 with SP1

Takes more than 2 hrs and more is...

keeps on asking for swaping the CDs Windows Cd and service pack cd!

But, I guess the latest ADO patch has been developed for 2.6 right ?

Any way to make this work smoothly ?

-tejasvi

"Alder Jeo" <al...@21cn.com> wrote in message news:3a11d80b_1@dnews...
> I have asked this question on Nov 12,2000. You should uninstall MDAC2.6 to
> resolve this problem. The following is somebody gived me, It worked fine.

> # Hi Alder,

> # Microsoft knew something they chose not to share with the rest of us
> # when they released MDAC 2.6.

> # To the best of my knowledge, it is the first version they allow you to
> # uninstall.

> # The precise instructions are given on the link
> # http://support.microsoft.com/view/dev.asp?ID=hl&pg=mdac.asp

> # Cheers

> Alder Jeo
> Nov 15,2000

> "Martijn Houtman" <m.hout...@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> > May be you have to uncheck the use of packages in the project options,

> > Martijn Houtman

> > "async" <tejasvi_he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,

> > >     I have patched ADO Express both patches, Patched Delphi
> > >     Recompiled / Rebuild the package too.
> > >     But Still I face problem of "Either BOF or EOF...." error. While
> > Closing
> > > the ADO Table.
> > >     I tried with OLEDB 4.0 and ODBC both no solution yet ! :-(

> > >     I am using D5, MDAC 2.6, Win 2000 Pro, Access 2000 db

> > >     any work around or solutions ??

> > >     tejasvi

Re:ADO "BOF EOF Error" Still Exists

Did you already installed the ADO Informal patch (not the ADO Express patch)
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=14080

Regards,

> Yes,

> Un-installing MDAC 2.6 solves the problem.

> But it's very painful to un install as i have seen in

> Windows 2000 with SP1

> Takes more than 2 hrs and more is...

> keeps on asking for swaping the CDs Windows Cd and service pack cd!

> But, I guess the latest ADO patch has been developed for 2.6 right ?

> Any way to make this work smoothly ?

> -tejasvi

> "Alder Jeo" <al...@21cn.com> wrote in message news:3a11d80b_1@dnews...
> > I have asked this question on Nov 12,2000. You should uninstall MDAC2.6
> > resolve this problem. The following is somebody gived me, It worked
fine.

> > # Hi Alder,

> > # Microsoft knew something they chose not to share with the rest of us
> > # when they released MDAC 2.6.

> > # To the best of my knowledge, it is the first version they allow you to
> > # uninstall.

> > # The precise instructions are given on the link
> > # http://support.microsoft.com/view/dev.asp?ID=hl&pg=mdac.asp

> > # Cheers

> > Alder Jeo
> > Nov 15,2000

> > "Martijn Houtman" <m.hout...@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> > > May be you have to uncheck the use of packages in the project options,

> > > Martijn Houtman

> > > "async" <tejasvi_he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Closing

Other Threads