Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?

Hello all:

Does anyone know of either a good commercial or opensource delphi non-visual
VCL that allows true type fonts to be overlayed on a bitmap background that
supports transparency & antialiasing and can be rendered /exported to a
jpg/png/gif format?

Thanks

Chris

Re:Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?

> Does anyone know of either a good commercial or opensource delphi
non-visual
> VCL that allows true type fonts to be overlayed on a bitmap background
that
> supports transparency & antialiasing and can be rendered /exported to a
> jpg/png/gif format?

I took a different approach - write the text at twice the size you need
(in your case doubling the bitmap size as well), and then resample the
whole lot back to the original size.  This way you can anti-alias any
font.

Cheers,
David

Re:Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?

Thanks David for the suggestion.
Yes, I did think about that but would rather prefer a faster/better approach
if one was available.

Chris
"David J Taylor" <davidtay...@writeme.com> wrote in message

> > Does anyone know of either a good commercial or opensource delphi
> non-visual
> > VCL that allows true type fonts to be overlayed on a bitmap background
> that
> > supports transparency & antialiasing and can be rendered /exported to a
> > jpg/png/gif format?

> I took a different approach - write the text at twice the size you need
> (in your case doubling the bitmap size as well), and then resample the
> whole lot back to the original size.  This way you can anti-alias any
> font.

> Cheers,
> David

Re:Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?

Hi Chris,

you're definitely looking for Graphics32: http://www.g32.org (don't
confuse that with G32, this is a different library!).
Only thing it cannot do is export to jpg/png/gif, but that can be solved
  with other open source libraries like TGifImage, TPngImage etc...

Regards,
Jens

chrisC wrote:
> Hello all:

> Does anyone know of either a good commercial or opensource delphi non-visual
> VCL that allows true type fonts to be overlayed on a bitmap background that
> supports transparency & antialiasing and can be rendered /exported to a
> jpg/png/gif format?

> Thanks

> Chris

Re:Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?

Thnaks Jens ... I will check it out. Appreciation.

Chris

"Jens Weiermann" <wexma...@solidsoftwareDOT.de> wrote in message

> Hi Chris,

> you're definitely looking for Graphics32: http://www.g32.org (don't
> confuse that with G32, this is a different library!).
> Only thing it cannot do is export to jpg/png/gif, but that can be solved
>   with other open source libraries like TGifImage, TPngImage etc...

> Regards,
> Jens

> chrisC wrote:
> > Hello all:

> > Does anyone know of either a good commercial or opensource delphi
non-visual
> > VCL that allows true type fonts to be overlayed on a bitmap background
that
> > supports transparency & antialiasing and can be rendered /exported to a
> > jpg/png/gif format?

> > Thanks

> > Chris

Other Threads