Prevent TMemo from scrolling ?

Hi,

I use a TMemo for displaying a report during a conversion operation.

Each time I add a line ( Memo.Lines.Add('whatever'); ), it scrolls down to
display that line.

Is there any way to prevent that ? (So that the user could review the
beginning of the report while the app. works)....

    Marc-Etienne

Re:Prevent TMemo from scrolling ?

In article <6lrfjh$3e...@tempo.univ-lyon1.fr>, "Marc-Etienne HUNEAU"

<mehun...@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr> writes:
>Each time I add a line ( Memo.Lines.Add('whatever'); ), it scrolls down to
>display that line.

>Is there any way to prevent that ? (So that the user could review the
>beginning of the report while the app. works)....

Use BeginUpdate before you add the line and EndUpdate after it has been added.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:Prevent TMemo from scrolling ?

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Marc-Etienne HUNEAU <mehun...@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr>
wrote in <6lrfjh$3e...@tempo.univ-lyon1.fr>:

>Hi,

>I use a TMemo for displaying a report during a conversion operation.

>Each time I add a line ( Memo.Lines.Add('whatever'); ), it scrolls down
>display that line.

>Is there any way to prevent that ? (So that the user could review the
>beginning of the report while the app. works)....

>    Marc-Etienne

I raised this question before and it was discussed a few months back.
There were some suggestions and ultimately I came up with a rather
complicated but workable solution.

Go to dejanews and do an advanced search for "prevent and richedit and
scrolling".

email me if you need further clarification.

-- luu

Please remove the underscore _ in my address when replying by email

Other Threads