The Best Print Report Component

I'm looking for opinions on the best printing/report making 3rd party
component.  My criterion are based on price vs. performance/features.
If anybody has ideas/comments please feel free to post or email me.
I think we all know that report smith is not the answer we've all been
looking for.

Darryl
vandorp.d.1063...@asqcnet.org

Re:The Best Print Report Component

Darryl wrote:

> I'm looking for opinions on the best printing/report making 3rd party
> component.  My criterion are based on price vs. performance/features.
> If anybody has ideas/comments please feel free to post or email me.
> I think we all know that report smith is not the answer we've all been
> looking for.

> Darryl
> vandorp.d.1063...@asqcnet.org

Hallo Darryl!

they are 2 nice ReportTools Components at the Delphi SuperPage
(ShareWare):

AceReport and Priparti-ReportWriter

http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi

Good luck!

Jean-Marie Kengne

Re:The Best Print Report Component

Easiest and slickest is Piparti.It's unique insofar as it will spread a
blob memo over pages. It has a large footprint (> 400k) in your
executable. It's $299.

QuickReport (included with Delphi 2.0, $75 for Delphi 1.0) is very
flexible. It has a footprint of 175k in your executable. We use this.

ACE Reporter is praised by many but I haven't tried it.

ReportPrinter is a programmers report writer. You can't design reports
on the screen and you have to write code to place the text on the
printer. BUT you can do a great deal with it including mailmerge in
memos. It can have a footprint as low as 25k in your executable and you
can use it as a replacement for TPrinter, It's $129. We use this too.

Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

Other Threads