Is it possible to store contents of TStringList?

Hello.....

I have a set of tcheckboxes and tedit boxes that are associated by
value. For example,
if I check a checkbox then I have to fill in a dollar value in a edit
box that goes along with that checkbox.  I can save the information with
a tstringlist w/object to avoid having to create table fields for the 8+
checkboxes and 8+ edits.  But how would I be able to store the contents
of the stringlist in MS SQL.

Any suggestions of a better way to do this?

Thanks Much !
     Karla

Re:Is it possible to store contents of TStringList?

First I would have to say...Bad programmer, no twinkie!!! ;-)
What you're suggesting violates a lot of rules of database design.
Ok, now that that's out of the way, I think you could create a blob on the
database, save the stringlist to a stream, and then move the stuff in and
out on the streams.
HTH
Mike

Karla Jaenicke wrote in message <358AA0A2.25C65...@hq.satotravel.com>...
>Hello.....

>I have a set of tcheckboxes and tedit boxes that are associated by
>value. For example,
>if I check a checkbox then I have to fill in a dollar value in a edit
>box that goes along with that checkbox.  I can save the information with
>a tstringlist w/object to avoid having to create table fields for the 8+
>checkboxes and 8+ edits.  But how would I be able to store the contents
>of the stringlist in MS SQL.

>Any suggestions of a better way to do this?

>Thanks Much !
>     Karla

Re:Is it possible to store contents of TStringList?

Thanks for your fast response !!  I really appreciate it... it was worth the
spanking.. ;>
I'll try this method first thing next week....

Thanks,
    Karla

Mike Mormando wrote:
> First I would have to say...Bad programmer, no twinkie!!! ;-)
> What you're suggesting violates a lot of rules of database design.
> Ok, now that that's out of the way, I think you could create a blob on the
> database, save the stringlist to a stream, and then move the stuff in and
> out on the streams.
> HTH
> Mike

> Karla Jaenicke wrote in message <358AA0A2.25C65...@hq.satotravel.com>...
> >Hello.....

> >I have a set of tcheckboxes and tedit boxes that are associated by
> >value. For example,
> >if I check a checkbox then I have to fill in a dollar value in a edit
> >box that goes along with that checkbox.  I can save the information with
> >a tstringlist w/object to avoid having to create table fields for the 8+
> >checkboxes and 8+ edits.  But how would I be able to store the contents
> >of the stringlist in MS SQL.

> >Any suggestions of a better way to do this?

> >Thanks Much !
> >     Karla

Other Threads