SQL Explorer eats my PC's memory!

Hi.
I work on a Pentium II 233 PC with 128 MB RAM.At one time, NT reported
that I was low on resources. I checked my Task Manager and found that
SQL Explorer's (whose entry is dsexplor.exe) Memory Usage is 58484K.
Obviously, I was shocked by this finding.

I had one open connection to an Interbase Server database, one on an
Oracle Database.

Is this problem only with SQL Explorer or is the BDE playing a big part
to this memory loss? (I've heard tales about BDE and TQuery memory leaks
before)...

I am using Delphi 3 C/S and BDE 5.00 (downloaded from Inprise's
website)...

Thanks.

Mio-Nino P. Marquez

Re:SQL Explorer eats my PC's memory!

This is not a problem!!

I've encountered the same problem with the Database Explorer. It seems to be
the BDE that is caching all the tables You use. But, if You for example
minimize the Database Explorer and look in Taskmanager, You will see that
You have more memory!

I don't know why it does like this, but it does on my computer!

Mio Marquez wrote in message

<36273C93.A1C1C...@mailcity.com.nospam.please>...
>Hi.
>I work on a Pentium II 233 PC with 128 MB RAM.At one time, NT reported
>that I was low on resources. I checked my Task Manager and found that
>SQL Explorer's (whose entry is dsexplor.exe) Memory Usage is 58484K.
>Obviously, I was shocked by this finding.

>I had one open connection to an Interbase Server database, one on an
>Oracle Database.

>Is this problem only with SQL Explorer or is the BDE playing a big part
>to this memory loss? (I've heard tales about BDE and TQuery memory leaks
>before)...

>I am using Delphi 3 C/S and BDE 5.00 (downloaded from Inprise's
>website)...

>Thanks.

>Mio-Nino P. Marquez

Re:SQL Explorer eats my PC's memory!

Hard to say without knowing what you were doing, how long the session
was running, etc.
Mio Marquez wrote:

> Hi.
> I work on a Pentium II 233 PC with 128 MB RAM.At one time, NT reported
> that I was low on resources. I checked my Task Manager and found that
> SQL Explorer's (whose entry is dsexplor.exe) Memory Usage is 58484K.
> Obviously, I was shocked by this finding.

> I had one open connection to an Interbase Server database, one on an
> Oracle Database.

> Is this problem only with SQL Explorer or is the BDE playing a big part
> to this memory loss? (I've heard tales about BDE and TQuery memory leaks
> before)...

> I am using Delphi 3 C/S and BDE 5.00 (downloaded from Inprise's
> website)...

> Thanks.

> Mio-Nino P. Marquez

Other Threads