I need a good installation/setup program.

Is there anyone who can give me an answer on where I could find a good
setup/installation program for my Delphi apps ???

The program also have to handle the BDE installation.
Finally, it would also be nice if it could do a workstation
installation(change path in autoexec, edit settings in win.ini, etc....)

Thanks in advance
Morten Knutsen

Re:I need a good installation/setup program.

Morten Knutsen wrote:

> Is there anyone who can give me an answer on where I could find a good
> setup/installation program for my Delphi apps ???

> The program also have to handle the BDE installation.
> Finally, it would also be nice if it could do a workstation
> installation(change path in autoexec, edit settings in win.ini, etc....)

> Thanks in advance
> Morten Knutsen

Morten,

Try Eschalon Install Pro

http://www.eschalon.com

--
Nick Hodges
nhod...@apci.net

Morten Knutsen <mknut...@telepost.no> wrote:
>Is there anyone who can give me an answer on where I could find a good
>setup/installation program for my Delphi apps ???
>The program also have to handle the BDE installation.
>Finally, it would also be nice if it could do a workstation
>installation(change path in autoexec, edit settings in win.ini, etc....)
>Thanks in advance
>Morten Knutsen

Try the WISE Install system. Extremely flexible and it can install the
BDE in the background without the Borland BDE screen! It is very slick
and they have a limited DEMO available you can download for free. Scan
for WISE and you should be able to fine them.

I purchased it about 2 months ago and have been very pleased.

Re:I need a good installation/setup program.

Morten Knutsen <mknut...@telepost.no> wrote:
>Is there anyone who can give me an answer on where I could find a good
>setup/installation program for my Delphi apps ???

I second the vote for Eschalon Setup Pro.  We evaluated WISE also and
found Eschalon much easier to use, while being just as complete.
Handles BDE like a charm, and also automates the ctl3dv2 issue for
you.

See cmpsrv, go delphi, lib22 for a demo.

Otto Porter (redman)

fastt...@ix.netcom.com (Robert Reister) wrote:
>Morten Knutsen <mknut...@telepost.no> wrote:
>>Is there anyone who can give me an answer on where I could find a good
>>setup/installation program for my Delphi apps ???
>>The program also have to handle the BDE installation.
>>Finally, it would also be nice if it could do a workstation
>>installation(change path in autoexec, edit settings in win.ini, etc....)
>>Thanks in advance
>>Morten Knutsen
>Try the WISE Install system. Extremely flexible and it can install the
>BDE in the background without the Borland BDE screen! It is very slick
>and they have a limited DEMO available you can download for free. Scan
>for WISE and you should be able to fine them.
>I purchased it about 2 months ago and have been very pleased.

I vote for Youseful Components - installs the bde without a
hitch - all installation files set up from Delphi ...very
easy to use, and very reasonably priced!  You can find the
link to get a demo on the Delphi Super Page - look for Bill
White's Youseful Components....

Neil

Other Threads