turn off keyboard-delay??

Hi folks,

I am programming a little jump-and-run game and my problem is:
The main caracter is controlled by keyboard but if I keep a key
pressed,  it takes some time before there is a continous flow of
keyboard-signals. I used a procedure I found somewhere to shorten the
delay to 1/4 of a second but thats still way too long. There shouldnt
be a delay at all.

Thank you in advance,
Jochen, Austria

Re:turn off keyboard-delay??

Petr Kotik wrote:
> Hi folks,

> I am programming a little jump-and-run game and my problem is:
> The main caracter is controlled by keyboard but if I keep a key
> pressed,  it takes some time before there is a continous flow of
> keyboard-signals. I used a procedure I found somewhere to shorten the
> delay to 1/4 of a second but thats still way too long. There shouldnt
> be a delay at all.

You can't use the BIOS for this sort of activity.  Direct access works best.
See:

http://www.netcom.com/~setech/download/mkeys12.zip

> Thank you in advance,
> Jochen, Austria