Sybase, Images, and third Party imaging products

Has anyone succeeded in using sybase, odbc, and any of the third party
image products such as lightlib to store and retrieve images into a
sybase image field?  I have tried thier evaluation programs without any
success?  If you know how to make it work, I would greatly appreciate
any help you can provide.

                        Thanks  Jim

Re:Sybase, Images, and third Party imaging products

Hi Jim,

You wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded in using sybase, odbc, and any of the third party
> image products such as lightlib to store and retrieve images into a
> sybase image field?  I have tried thier evaluation programs without any
> success?  If you know how to make it work, I would greatly appreciate
> any help you can provide.

We're doing this with Wang Imaging controls (know you, the ones that ship
free with '95) and storing the images in a number of different back-ends
(we haven't tried Sybase yet...) including SQL Server, SQL Anywhere,
Oracle, etc using ODBCExpress for one of our products, a document
managment solution called ADAM.

SQL Server originates from Sybase so result 'should' be pretty similar. If
its crash and burn stuff for you, we could give it a quick try with
Sybase...

PS: With ODBC *especially BLOBs*, avoid the BDE unless you're into pain!
<g>

Regards,

Rob
--