'Provider cannot be found' Error Message

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy an ADO database app using Microsoft Access 97 tables
on a Windows 95 machine.  I have installed DCOM for Win95 and installed MDAC
2.6.  However I always get the message "Provider cannot be found.  It may
not be properly installed. " when I try to run it.  Any ideas as to what's
missing?

Thanks in advance
Ren Giesbrecht

Re:'Provider cannot be found' Error Message

>I am trying to deploy an ADO database app using Microsoft Access 97 tables
>on a Windows 95 machine.  I have installed DCOM for Win95 and installed MDAC
>2.6.  However I always get the message "Provider cannot be found.  It may
>not be properly installed. " when I try to run it.  Any ideas as to what's
>missing?

Mdac 2.6 does not install the Jet provider that is a separate install.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads