strange picture or strange program ?

This question is more on graphics than on Delphi :
try to open the picture i posted in the attachment group with the name :
"strange picture" :
I saved it with my image editor in BMP format at 24 bit and any other image
editor seems to read it properly , except Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft
Frontpage .
To make a comparison :
Open the picture with MSpaint : it displays correctly .
Then open it in Adobe Photoshop or Frontpage : it has a weird look ( it
seems that the format of the file has been misunderstood by these programs )
.

Re:strange picture or strange program ?

Hi.
Francesco Savastano<3c47ea0a_2@dnews>wrote

>I saved it with my image editor in BMP format at 24 bit and any other image
>editor seems to read it properly , except Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft
>Frontpage .

Your Image Editor's problem.

The Bitmap file you posted is strange.
1) Bitmap File header indicates that bitmap has no color table.
2) Bitmap Info Header indicates that bitmap has a color table
   which has 256 colors.

Image editors must calculate the start point of Pixels from
Bitmap File header, so Adobe Photo shop do good job than
MS Paint, but should report the discrepancy.

--
Takuo Nakamura mailto:nakam...@asahi.email.ne.jp

Re:strange picture or strange program ?

Hi Takuo :
I think i understand better the problem now :
I have imported the file as gif in my image editor :
it's likely that the Gif component here did a bad work when trying to get
the bitmap from the gif file .

"Takuo Nakamura" <nakam...@asahi.email.ne.jp> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Hi.
> Francesco Savastano<3c47ea0a_2@dnews>wrote
> >I saved it with my image editor in BMP format at 24 bit and any other
image
> >editor seems to read it properly , except Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft
> >Frontpage .

> Your Image Editor's problem.

> The Bitmap file you posted is strange.
> 1) Bitmap File header indicates that bitmap has no color table.
> 2) Bitmap Info Header indicates that bitmap has a color table
>    which has 256 colors.

> Image editors must calculate the start point of Pixels from
> Bitmap File header, so Adobe Photo shop do good job than
> MS Paint, but should report the discrepancy.

> --
> Takuo Nakamura mailto:nakam...@asahi.email.ne.jp

Other Threads