Delphi 1.0 & COM port

Under Win 95 & Delphi 1.0, I try to send an AT command to an internal modem
(COM2). The program doesn't generate any error. Function "OpenComm" &
"WriteComm" returns positive values. "CloseComm" returns well a null value.

PROBLEM : the modem does not react !

com:='COM2';
cid:=OpenComm(Com,50,50) ;
chaine:='ATDT';
l:=4;
r:=writeComm(Cid,chaine,l);
r:=CloseComm(Cid);

The modem is correctly installed because other application can use it
correctly !

Any idea ?

Thank you,

Guy COLSOUL

Re:Delphi 1.0 & COM port

Guy Colsoul wrote:

> Under Win 95 & Delphi 1.0, I try to send an AT command to an internal modem
> (COM2). The program doesn't generate any error. Function "OpenComm" &
> "WriteComm" returns positive values. "CloseComm" returns well a null value.

> PROBLEM : the modem does not react !

> com:='COM2';
> cid:=OpenComm(Com,50,50) ;
> chaine:='ATDT';
> l:=4;
> r:=writeComm(Cid,chaine,l);
> r:=CloseComm(Cid);

> The modem is correctly installed because other application can use it
> correctly !
> I am making available some Delphi controls and

classes I have written as
"Swapware". What this means is you can download
the contols, which include
source code, and use them anyway you want. What I
ask for is if you make
improvements to the code, send it back to me. Or,
if you have developed
other controls, trade me the source. This way
everybody comes out ahead.

So far, the controls available are:

1 - Serial port communication class for 16 bit and
32 bit Delphi.

2 - Graph controls for QuickReport (3D pie,
barchart, X-Y chart)

My web address is: http://www.infi.net/~jharlow

As I am not asking for money, I'm not supporting
them.

PLEASE make this worth my while and contribute
code!

Enjoy!

Other Threads