What is the best solution for SQL Implementation?

Hi, Sorry for my English, and thank you for read my message, now.

I am starting one new application with Delphi 6 Enterprise. I have a
Database MS-SQL 7.0, What Database-Access Solution is the best for
developing?, I need edit data in a form and update my database table
with new record. I think use Dbexpress with ClienDataSet. vs ADO.
Any opinion about it?

Thank you very much in advance.
Bye.

Re:What is the best solution for SQL Implementation?

I believe that you'll get about as many answers to this as there are developers.  I like working with Advantage, but I don't (as yet) use SQL.  I know that
Advantage supports most SQL functions.  Advantage is free to download and use (local server), and will scale to large C/S with almost no change in
your code.  It eliminates the DBE and it's distribution problems.  Take a look at:  http://www.advantagedatabase.com/ADS/default.htm
On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:24:31 GMT, begal...@socoril.com.ar (Luciano.C.Begalli) wrote:

> Hi, Sorry for my English, and thank you for read my message, now.

> I am starting one new application with Delphi 6 Enterprise. I have a
> Database MS-SQL 7.0, What Database-Access Solution is the best for
> developing?, I need edit data in a form and update my database table
> with new record. I think use Dbexpress with ClienDataSet. vs ADO.
> Any opinion about it?

> Thank you very much in advance.
> Bye.

Re:What is the best solution for SQL Implementation?

I've never used Advantage, but, I do know that if its a DBMS, and supports
ADO, it must set the ANSI SQL-92 standard.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/OCELOTSQL/commands.htm

Thats the list of commands you can use.  If you design your app (Speaking to
the general audience) you're not locked into one specific DBMS.  You could
use this with a text DBMS (Which I've done, and thought it was rather cool.
<smirk>)

(Luciano.C.Begalli) wrote:

> > Hi, Sorry for my English, and thank you for read my message, now.

> > I am starting one new application with Delphi 6 Enterprise. I have a
> > Database MS-SQL 7.0, What Database-Access Solution is the best for
> > developing?, I need edit data in a form and update my database table
> > with new record. I think use Dbexpress with ClienDataSet. vs ADO.
> > Any opinion about it?

> > Thank you very much in advance.
> > Bye.

Other Threads