SysTray icon with Drag&Drop

Hello everbody,

I have a component that allows an icon to be displayed in the system tray.
There are many components to be downloaded all over the web, and they
all do their job.

BUT : I have not yet found a component that allows a drop event on the icon.
Only Click and DblClick seem to be available.

What I want is to mark a word in an editor or internet browser and drag it
over
the icon and drop it there.

The string (marked word) is the to be validated in a database and a response
is shown.

Anybody has a component for that ?
Any code snipped is also welcome !

Thanks,
Toby

Re:SysTray icon with Drag&Drop

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:59:31 +0200, "Tobias Schroedel"

<tobias.schroe...@t-online.de> wrote:
>Hello everbody,

>I have a component that allows an icon to be displayed in the system tray.
>There are many components to be downloaded all over the web, and they
>all do their job.

>BUT : I have not yet found a component that allows a drop event on the icon.
>Only Click and DblClick seem to be available.

>What I want is to mark a word in an editor or internet browser and drag it
>over
>the icon and drop it there.

>The string (marked word) is the to be validated in a database and a response
>is shown.

>Anybody has a component for that ?
>Any code snipped is also welcome !

I've done some research into precisely this topic and AFAICT tray
icons do not receive the proper messages from Windows to act as
drag-and-drop targets, so I don't think this is possible.

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Re:SysTray icon with Drag&Drop

Stephen,

thanks for your research. I have seen software that does that.
It receives email Texts and I have also heared (Google Group
Serach  for : Systray drag) from a Fax Software, where you can
drop a doc file into and it then asks for the fax number and sends it.

So, somehow this must be possible. Once again, thanks for your answer !

Regards,
Toby

"Stephen Posey" <slpo...@concentric.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 06:59:31 +0200, "Tobias Schroedel"
> <tobias.schroe...@t-online.de> wrote:

> >Hello everbody,

> >I have a component that allows an icon to be displayed in the system
tray.
> >There are many components to be downloaded all over the web, and they
> >all do their job.

> >BUT : I have not yet found a component that allows a drop event on the
icon.
> >Only Click and DblClick seem to be available.

> >What I want is to mark a word in an editor or internet browser and drag
it
> >over
> >the icon and drop it there.

> >The string (marked word) is the to be validated in a database and a
response
> >is shown.

> >Anybody has a component for that ?
> >Any code snipped is also welcome !

> I've done some research into precisely this topic and AFAICT tray
> icons do not receive the proper messages from Windows to act as
> drag-and-drop targets, so I don't think this is possible.

> Stephen Posey
> slpo...@concentric.net

Other Threads