Old-style BP7 objects in DELPHI, How to declare (use) them ?

-In Compiling Borland Pascal 7.0 for Windows program with Delphi I
find problems with the following types:

        PWindowsObject, TWindows, TDialog...

In the Delphi manual they mention:
Delphi uses a new object model, however you can declare old-style
objects in one unit, new-style objects in another, and use both of
them in the same program. Keep in mind, however, that there are
certain differences between the objects, and you are responsible for
handling those disparities.
Does any one have an example because I have not idea how to declare
old-style object types like TWINDOWS...

Is there a unit for Delphi that will enable me to do this  easily ?
Where can I get it ?

Thank you,

Mr. Guillermo Jose Leon
e-mail: sis...@mail.lat.net

Re:Old-style BP7 objects in DELPHI, How to declare (use) them ?

I did ask a similar question to Zack Urlocker one of Borland's gurus
on Object Pascal. He told me that this is not this easy.

Can anyone else confirm that converting an OWL program to delphi
is just recompiling the OWL source (  included on the BP7 bonus diskette )
??

--

Thor Vollset
------

--------------------------------
> >Delphi uses a new object model, however you can declare old-style
> >objects in one unit, new-style objects in another, and use both of
> >them in the same program. Keep in mind, however, that there are
> >certain differences between the objects, and you are responsible for
> >handling those disparities.

--------------------------------
> >Does any one have an example because I have not idea how to declare
> >old-style object types like TWINDOWS...

> >Is there a unit for Delphi that will enable me to do this  easily ?
> >Where can I get it ?

> What you're really asking about is OWL, the Object Windows Library that
> was the predecessor to the VCL.  Delphi 1.0 (not sure about 2.0) will
> compile OWL with no problems (I've done it), and, in fact, the OWL
> source is included with the VCL source code (or it may just have come
> with Delphi, I'm not sure).  Anyway, have a look in your
> \DELPHI\SOURCE\RTL70 directory/folder.  Try loading BUILDOWL.PAS as a
> project and do a "Compile/Build All" on it, that should let you then
load
> and compile OWL programs in Delphi.

> >Thank you,

> >Mr. Guillermo Jose Leon
> >e-mail: sis...@mail.lat.net

> Email me if you have problems and I'll give more of a hand.

> Best,

> -* Stephen *-
> Stephen Posey
> University of New Orleans