Sending mail with NMSMTP+Exchange Server

I want to send email around the company's email system, which is based on
Exchange Server. All the clients run Outlook, (not Express) - each client is
set up to use their NT login name/pwd to access the mail server.

I tried using the NMSMTP component from the (FastNet palette page) but this
fails to log in to the exchange server, even if I supply the exchange server
name in the Host property and the user ID in the UserID property.
Am I barking up the wrong tree in trying to use SMTP over Exchange. Is MAPI
the way to go and if it is, can someone tell me which comp. to use?

Thanks a lot

Trevor Smith
UK

Re:Sending mail with NMSMTP+Exchange Server

SNMP components will never work on an Exchange servers. You can however use
automation to send e-mails with MS Outlook.

For an explanation see:
http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/AutoOutl.htm

For reference see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/officedev/off2000/oltocObjectModelA...
ion.htm

"Trevor Smith" <tgsm...@bigfoot.com> schreef in bericht

> I want to send email around the company's email system, which is based on
> Exchange Server. All the clients run Outlook, (not Express) - each client
is
> set up to use their NT login name/pwd to access the mail server.

> I tried using the NMSMTP component from the (FastNet palette page) but
this
> fails to log in to the exchange server, even if I supply the exchange
server
> name in the Host property and the user ID in the UserID property.
> Am I barking up the wrong tree in trying to use SMTP over Exchange. Is
MAPI
> the way to go and if it is, can someone tell me which comp. to use?

> Thanks a lot

> Trevor Smith
> UK

Other Threads