CGI: Delphi 2.0 using STDIN/STDOUT (smaller and quicker then WinCGI)

CGI: Delphi 2.0 using STDIN/STDOUT (smaller and quicker then WinCGI)

It is possible to use standard input and standard output with Delphi 2.0.
After working with VB and wanting smaller and faster CGI apps I switched
to Delphi 2.0.

I have created a d2cgi.dcu that can be used in your apps to do the
following.

Function GetCGIvalue(CGIname: String): String;
{Used for extracting a value from the STDIN information for a Name=Value
used in your forms}
{Also note this function automatically decodes URL encoded values}

Function GetCGIenvVar(CGIvariable: String): String;
{Used to get Environment variables from the Server}

Procedure Send(s: String);
{Used to send output to STDOUT}

Procedure GetCGIgetData;
Procedure GetCGIpostData;
{These two get the initial CGI data from STDIN and places them in a String
for the GetCGIvalue to use}

For those of you that wish to use it feel free to download it at-

http://www.prplus.com/d2cgi/

The Zip file contains the sample app that you can run on that server to
test. The app compiles to just over 50k and is rather simple.

To use the d2cgi.dcu place it in your BIN directory and under the Uses
enter D2CGI;

Uses
    Windows,........., D2CGI;

After that has been done the functions and procedures will be available
for that Unit.

Currently there is no help file or info included in the ZIP files as it
should be pretty straight forward and I have had several requests to get
it out for people to use. Should you have problems or suggestions please
email me at  pst...@prplus.com .

--
Paul Stohr

pst...@prplus.com