Delphi 2.0 under Windows NT 4.0

Hi all,

I have a problem running Delphi under Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 1) on
a Pentium Pro machine. Every time I try to step through the code using
the integrated de{*word*81}, DrWatson takes over and reports an application
error (access violation I think it is). As soon as the program
encounters a debugging break in the code this happens. Without breaks,
all works well. On another NT 4.0 machine with about the same
configuration it does not happen ???

Please help,

Wilfried Visser  ( wvis...@nlr.nl )

Nat. Aerospace Lab., Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Re:Delphi 2.0 under Windows NT 4.0

Hi all,

> I have a problem running Delphi under Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 1) on
> a Pentium Pro machine. Every time I try to step through the code using
> the integrated de{*word*81}, DrWatson takes over and reports an application
> error (access violation I think it is). As soon as the program
> encounters a debugging break in the code this happens. Without breaks,
> all works well. On another NT 4.0 machine with about the same
> configuration it does not happen ???

Are you sure you have debugging rights on the first machine? If not, you
are not allowed to debug your program......

Marcel Versteeg

            ..,,,.
         .;;;;;;;;;;,.               World Wide Web Page:
         `;;;;;;;;;;;;;,
http://student.twi.tudelft.nl/~s884261/
           `:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
            .;;;;;;;;;;;;;::,
           ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::%,              Personal E-mail:
          ;;;;;;,:,:::::::;::::%%,
M.A.Verst...@twi.tudelft.nl
          ;;;;;,::a@@@@@@a::%%%%%%%,.   ...
          `::::::@@@@@@@@@@@a;%%%%%%%%%'  #;
   .,sSSSSs;%%,::@@@@@@;;' #`@@a;%%%%%'   ,'     "Kinda Wobbely" -
 sSSSSSSSSSs;%%%,:@@@@a;;   .@@@a;%%sSSSS'         Bambi (1942)
 `SSSSSSSSSSSs;%%%,:@@@a;;;;@@@;%%sSSSS'
   `SSSSSSSSSSSSs;%%,%%%%%%%%%%%SSSS'
      `SSSSSSSSSSS%;%;sSSSS;""""
          """""" %%;SSSSSS;
                 `;SSSSS;

Re:Delphi 2.0 under Windows NT 4.0

Check out the user rights as Administrator/Debug Programs

In article <32D0E0D7.4...@nlr.nl>, wvis...@nlr.nl wrote:
>Hi all,

>I have a problem running Delphi under Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 1) on
>a Pentium Pro machine. Every time I try to step through the code using
>the integrated de{*word*81}, DrWatson takes over and reports an application
>error (access violation I think it is). As soon as the program
>encounters a debugging break in the code this happens. Without breaks,
>all works well. On another NT 4.0 machine with about the same
>configuration it does not happen ???

I was having this problem until I had to do a fresh install of NT (for other
reasons) and did not install any of the Service Packs. D1 Seems to be working
much better without them. Check your other machine to see if it has SP1 or SP2
installed.

Peter.

* Peter G. Millard      ******************* Maintainer of the VB        *
* mill...@buffnet.net       **************  General & VBDOS FAQ's      *