Paradox limits

I have a table with the next structure:
A-45
A-11
A-35
A-5
A-45
A-10

And I can insert only 851.956 records, here fail and say 'table is full',I
dont understand.
Anybody know Why?

Thanks.

Re:Paradox limits

The problem is Paradox's block size.  A Paradox table can have up to 64K
blocks, so you have to make the block size bigger.  You will find these
settings in BDE Administartor under Drivers - Native - Paradox.  Change the
block size so that you will have enough space required for your table.  I
think the maximum is 16K, but I'm not sure.

After this, you will need to recreate a table with the same structure as your
old one and copy all your records to the new table.  Changing the block size
only affects new tables.

--
Please remove the nospam from my email address when replying to messages

yrpar...@nbnet.nb.ca
yrpar...@nbtel.nb.ca
Yves.Par...@NewNorthMedia.ca

Re:Paradox limits

I calculate your block size set to 2k
You may change your Paradox level up to 7 and block size to 32 K and
get 16 Times more records
Jose Corral wrote in message <01bdcf75$c9034580$02040464@stjo>...
>I have a table with the next structure:
>A-45
>A-11
>A-35
>A-5
>A-45
>A-10

>And I can insert only 851.956 records, here fail and say 'table is full',I
>dont understand.
>Anybody know Why?

>Thanks.

Re:Paradox limits

You can also look at the Utility section for BDE at inprise web site
They have a utility which will change the blocksize and level

Garry Kernan

Jose Corral wrote in message <01bdcf75$c9034580$02040464@stjo>...
>I have a table with the next structure:
>A-45
>A-11
>A-35
>A-5
>A-45
>A-10

>And I can insert only 851.956 records, here fail and say 'table is full',I
>dont understand.
>Anybody know Why?

>Thanks.

Re:Paradox limits

The maximum size of a Paradox table is 64k blocks.  The default block size
is 2k so the default maximum size is 128 mb.  You need to change the default
block size in the BDE Administrator, create a new table and move your data
to the new table.

--
Bill Todd