Board index » delphi » lookupfields and ttable.edit problem

lookupfields and ttable.edit problem

Hi

Allthough I programmed around this problem using Mastersource I still like to
know:

I have a .DBF table (with blobfield)  and added 2 lookupfields.
When I wanted te add a picture I got the ,message that My.dbf is not in editmode
The first line in myprocedure was MYTABLE.EDIT  
What could have  been the problem.

thanks
F.vd .laan
NL

 

Re:lookupfields and ttable.edit problem


Tables drop out of editmode after many different operations. When
looping through a procedure, you will usually need to have
mytable.edit in the loop, rather than before the loop. Best thing to
do is put a breakpoint at the beginning of the procedure and step
through so you get a good understanding of how the code operates.

HTH,
Dan

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:06:34 GMT, f.vd.laan at inter.nl.net (Frits v/d

Quote
Laan) wrote:
>Hi

>Allthough I programmed around this problem using Mastersource I still like to
>know:

>I have a .DBF table (with blobfield)  and added 2 lookupfields.
>When I wanted te add a picture I got the ,message that My.dbf is not in editmode
>The first line in myprocedure was MYTABLE.EDIT  
>What could have  been the problem.

>thanks
>F.vd .laan
>NL

Other Threads