How can I hide the taskbar button?

Geir I asked the same question and didn't get a response. If you get an
answer in the right direction could you please drop me an e-mail?  I have
been messing with the type(TApplication) methods with no results, maybe
TScreen.Notify ?
Thanks in advance.

Geir wrote in message <6dct9g$1n...@o.online.no>...
>Hi, I'm wondering if there are any way to hide the taskbar button of an
>application ?
>If anyone knows how,  please tell me.
>-GE-

Re:How can I hide the taskbar button?

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any way to hide the taskbar button of an
application ?
If anyone knows how,  please tell me.
-GE-

Re:How can I hide the taskbar button?

Try looking at the Delphi Super Page and download some component called
trayicon, it'll do just the trick, no more button on the taskbar, just an
icon in the systray so you can still access your program.

HTH

  Roel

Geir wrote:

> Hi, I'm wondering if there are any way to hide the taskbar button of an
> application ?
> If anyone knows how,  please tell me.

Put

        ShowWindow(Application.Handle,SW_HIDE);

in the FormShow or FormActivate handler.

If you minimise the app you will get a button on the taskbar again. You can get
around this, but it's messy.

Good luck,

Adam...

Adam Fleming
Yr 4 MEng - Software Engineering (Aberystwyth)
Email: a...@aber.ac.uk
Web: http://www.aber.ac.uk/~ajf4
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - R.A.Heinlein

Re:How can I hide the taskbar button?

In article <34FA9600.A1E2A...@aber.ac.uk>,
  Adam Fleming <a...@aber.ac.uk> wrote:

> Geir wrote:

> > Hi, I'm wondering if there are any way to hide the taskbar button of an
> > application ?
> > If anyone knows how,  please tell me.

> Put

>    ShowWindow(Application.Handle,SW_HIDE);

> in the FormShow or FormActivate handler.

> If you minimise the app you will get a button on the taskbar again. You can
get
> around this, but it's messy.

I got around that with in my form create

 Application.OnMinimize := RemoveFromTaskbar;

and

 procedure RemoveFromtaskBar;
 begin
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

Re:How can I hide the taskbar button?

It's actually pretty simple...

ShowWindow(Application.Handle,SW_HIDE);

There you go!

--
Mark Jr
zork...@geocities.com

Yes, I am 15 years old, but I don't fit paradigms, I make 'em!

Other Threads