format '%1 ' invalid or incompatible with argument

Hi,
I face this error which I could not debug also. So I checked new lines that
I added and found that the problem is in these declarations.

type
  TAr2 = array[0..1] of integer;

type
  TAr48 = array[0..47] of  TAr2;

type
  TAr49 = array[0..48] of  TAr48;

type
  TAr50 = array[0..49] of  TAr49;

type
  TAr51 = array[0..50] of  TAr50;

var
  TheArray: array[0..51] of  TAr51;

to access a value in this array I do(for example)
Value:=TheArray[5] [6] [3] [45] [34] [0];

what does this error message mean?
format '%1 ' invalid or incompatible with argument

thank you

Re:format '%1 ' invalid or incompatible with argument

My d6 compiles it good.
When do you get the error ?  At compile time or runtime ?

You may simplify your code by using multiple dimension array.

alawna wrote:
> what does this error message mean?
> format '%1 ' invalid or incompatible with argument

It means you need to re-read the "format strings" topic in the help file
because you're not calling the Format function correctly.

--
Rob

Other Threads