BDE, determining DAO version

Anyone know how to programmatically tell which version of DAO ( 3.0 or 3.5 )
is installed on a machine??
I want to know so I can use TSession.ModifyDriver to modify the native
ACCESS driver at runtime to use the correct BDE dll, depending on whether
Office95 or 97 is installed.

Thanks

Simon.

Re:BDE, determining DAO version

>Anyone know how to programmatically tell which version of DAO ( 3.0 or 3.5 )
>is installed on a machine??
>I want to know so I can use TSession.ModifyDriver to modify the native
>ACCESS driver at runtime to use the correct BDE dll, depending on whether
>Office95 or 97 is installed.

I suggest you look at these two registry keys
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO350

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads