Invalid floating point operation when tracing through program

Hi,

When I trace through my program or run to cursor, I get Invalid floating
point operation on very curious points. I cannot find any errors there. The
point where I have got the error has also changed during the time when I
have tried to find out what is wrong. When I run the program in the
de{*word*81}, these errors do not occur. I have spent the whole evening on this
problem without comming any closer to a solution. I use Access Database and
BetterADO components. Do anyone have any idea what is going on?

/Bengt

Re:Invalid floating point operation when tracing through program

Hi,

one place where I get ther error is at this line:

MastData.TbOmg.Edit;

I just try to set an BetterADOTable in Edit mode.

/Bengt

Re:Invalid floating point operation when tracing through program

> one place where I get ther error is at this line:
> MastData.TbOmg.Edit;
> I just try to set an BetterADOTable in Edit mode

Do you have any event handlers attached to the DataSet and/or it's controls?
Try to disconnect events and controls one by one to isolate the source of the
problem.

--
Vassil Nazarov
http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Re:Invalid floating point operation when tracing through program

Hi,

I have numerous event handlers which is big problem because I often realise that
they are executed when I didn't think they would.
However, I think my problem was caused by the Watches I had. It seems that it was
watches like TbOmg['Fieldname'] that didn't work.
I erased the files program.DSM, program.DSK, the watches were gone and the
program worked. When I added new watches it crashed again, and when I took them
away ti worked.

/Bengt

Vassil Nazarov wrote:
> > one place where I get ther error is at this line:
> > MastData.TbOmg.Edit;
> > I just try to set an BetterADOTable in Edit mode

> Do you have any event handlers attached to the DataSet and/or it's controls?
> Try to disconnect events and controls one by one to isolate the source of the
> problem.

> --
> Vassil Nazarov
> http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Re:Invalid floating point operation when tracing through program

> However, I think my problem was caused by the Watches I had. It seems that it was
> watches like TbOmg['Fieldname'] that didn't work.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "watches". What kind of object is TbOmg ?

--
Vassil Nazarov
http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Other Threads