file of jpegs

How to save jpegs files into a single file? For example 100 jpegs images
into a single file
Please, examples needed.

Re:file of jpegs

In article <71v54u$ir...@forums.borland.com>, "Robert" <.> wrote:
>How to save jpegs files into a single file? For example 100 jpegs images
>into a single file

There is no accepted way of storing multiple JPEG images within a single file
(other than JFIF thumbnails). There is a proposed standard (MNG) to allow just
that.

John - N8086N
Are you interested in a professional society or
guild for programmers?

See www.colosseumbuilders.com/american.htm

EMail Address:
|m.i.a.n.o @    |
|c.o.l.o.s.s.e.u.m.b.u.i.l.d.e.r.s.|
|c.o.m.|

Re:file of jpegs

Robert wrote:

> How to save jpegs files into a single file? For example 100 jpegs images
> into a single file
> Please, examples needed.

1) Create a file header containing the number of jpegs in the file.
2) In front of each jpeg you write to the file, place a header
showing how big the jpeg is. See the FileSize() function.
3) Write the jpeg.

To read them back in:

1) Open the file, and read the header containing how many jpegs
there are in the file.

2) For each of the Jpegs in the file, read the header showing
how big the jpeg it. Then read in that numebr of bytes.

To read any given jpeg, seek through the file.

See the examples of BlockRead/Blockwrite (or TFileStream.Read/Write)
in the Delphi help file if you do not know how to read and
write files.

If that still leaves you short of an answer, post a new
question to the ObjectPascal forum "How do I read and write
a Binary file".

Hope that helps!

Joe
--