vga-text-mode-switching: 25 <-> 43/50

Hi all,

a couple of days ago I asked this question already,
but unfortunately I received no response.

I want to switch the normal text mode screen from 25
lines to 43/50 lines (and back, of course); please
mind that this is _not_ Turbo Vision.

Does anybody know a way to do it? (Ralph Brown's
interrupt list does not say which modes to use and
how to go at it ...).

Thanx in advance.

Bernd Heutling

Re:vga-text-mode-switching: 25 <-> 43/50

In article <341026A5.7...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> of Fri, 5 Sep 1997
08:35:01 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Bernd Heutling

<Heutl...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
>Hi all,

>a couple of days ago I asked this question already,
>but unfortunately I received no response.

Two replies were posted to that earlier article, in this newsgroup, by
Eero Heinonen and myself.  Perhaps your newsfeed hiccuped.

You weren't expecting E-mail, were you?  QHAH.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ -- includes FAQqish topics and links.

Dr John Stockton wrote:

> In article <341026A5.7...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> of Fri, 5 Sep 1997
> 08:35:01 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Bernd Heutling
> <Heutl...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> >Hi all,

> >a couple of days ago I asked this question already,
> >but unfortunately I received no response.

> Two replies were posted to that earlier article, in this newsgroup, by
> Eero Heinonen and myself.  Perhaps your newsfeed hiccuped.

> You weren't expecting E-mail, were you?  QHAH.

> --
> John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
>   Web URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ -- includes FAQqish topics and links.
>   Correct 4-line sig separator is as above, a line comprising "-- " (SoRFC1036)
>   Before a reply, quote with ">" / "> ", known to good news readers (SoRFC1036)

Dear John,

if that was the case I do apologize, although I actually did not find
a reply.
After all my good experiences with this newsgroup I did not intend to
anger helpful people. Please, accept my apology and go on helping us
"asking" people.
Anyway, I thank you and everybody who has helped me very much indeed.

Bernd Heutling

Re:vga-text-mode-switching: 25 <-> 43/50

Bernd Heutling <Heutl...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
>Hi all,
>a couple of days ago I asked this question already,
>but unfortunately I received no response.
>I want to switch the normal text mode screen from 25
>lines to 43/50 lines (and back, of course); please
>mind that this is _not_ Turbo Vision.
>Does anybody know a way to do it? (Ralph Brown's
>interrupt list does not say which modes to use and
>how to go at it ...).
>Thanx in advance.
>Bernd Heutling

I use this routine to switch to 50 lines:
{$S-}
PROCEDURE LoadFont;
ASSEMBLER;
ASM