TListBox can't add string under win3.1

   I have written a program in Delphi 1.0, that uses a ListBox to display
a list of information. On a machine that is running Win95 (the machine Iam
using to prgram on), I can fill the List up to the max 32767 items. On a
machine that is running Win 3.1 it stops at 1125 items.
   Both machine have 16megs. Could anyone help me wiht what may cause this.

Eric Hamilton
eshm...@infinet.com

Re:TListBox can't add string under win3.1

Eric Hamilton <eshm...@infinet.com> wrote in article
<51c5s3$...@news1.infinet.com>...

>    I have written a program in Delphi 1.0, that uses a ListBox to display
> a list of information. On a machine that is running Win95 (the machine
Iam
> using to prgram on), I can fill the List up to the max 32767 items. On a
> machine that is running Win 3.1 it stops at 1125 items.
>    Both machine have 16megs. Could anyone help me wiht what may cause
this.

> Eric Hamilton
> eshm...@infinet.com

Under Win3.x max ListBox capacity is some more than 5200 elements. That is
Windows 3.x limitation.

Regards
Jerzy
* Jerzy A.Radzimowski    65001 POLAND Zielona Gora      *
* tel/fax:(+68)209586    mailto://jerzy...@odn.zgora.pl *

Re:TListBox can't add string under win3.1

On Fri, 13 Sep 96 17:30:15 GMT, eshm...@infinet.com (Eric Hamilton)
wrote:

>   I have written a program in Delphi 1.0, that uses a ListBox to display
>a list of information. On a machine that is running Win95 (the machine Iam
>using to prgram on), I can fill the List up to the max 32767 items. On a
>machine that is running Win 3.1 it stops at 1125 items.
>   Both machine have 16megs. Could anyone help me wiht what may cause this.

WIndows 3.1 causes this. It has many limitations, and the amount of
data in a list box is just one of them. The only solution is to stick
with Win95 or NT, or use a commercial list box replacement that can
handle larger lists.
--
Ray Lischner, Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (Waite Group Press)
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA  http://www.tempest-sw.com

Other Threads