Other languages in Delphi e.g Dutch

I am writing a program for people who speak and read Duitch, however when
I use a MessageDl then the to confirm or cancel comes up in English. How
do I make it come up in Dutch?  There does not seem to be a dutch version
of the compiler available.  What am I missinga nd how do I change it?  I
have been looking for hours for an answer but just keep getting stuck

Re:Other languages in Delphi e.g Dutch

Ralph,

If you use D5 enterpise you have a languagepack or translationsuite or so.
If you don't, and not planning an upgrade, and only have dutch customers,
you can translate the messageses and captions in the unit Const.pas.
Drawback is that you have to do it again if you upgrade to an other version.
As an alternative, you can make your own Dialogboxes with the proper names
and captions.

Success,

Alfred.

Ralph Wesseling <ra...@psy.vu.nl> schreef in berichtnieuws
ralph-0604001420100...@pi5.psy.vu.nl...

> I am writing a program for people who speak and read Duitch, however when
> I use a MessageDl then the to confirm or cancel comes up in English. How
> do I make it come up in Dutch?  There does not seem to be a dutch version
> of the compiler available.  What am I missinga nd how do I change it?  I
> have been looking for hours for an answer but just keep getting stuck

Re:Other languages in Delphi e.g Dutch

Thanks very much for that, that was a brilliant solution to my problem.
I edited the consts.pas and no everything is fine

Ralph Wesseling wrote:
> I am writing a program for people who speak and read Duitch, however when
> I use a MessageDl then the to confirm or cancel comes up in English. How
> do I make it come up in Dutch?  There does not seem to be a dutch version
> of the compiler available.  What am I missinga nd how do I change it?  I
> have been looking for hours for an answer but just keep getting stuck

Try using MessageBox for your dialogs. Then the Buttons will show up in the
language of the installed OS.

Regards,
Udo
--
Please reply to newsgroup. No PMs unless requested.

Other Threads