"Error Creating Cursor Handle"

Hi everyone - Any idea of how to solve this problem ?

I have a TStoredProc component on my form with a datasource linked to it. I
have a Sybase stored procedure which runs correctly and has no errors.
However, when I am in the TStoredProc's properties, I specify the
StoredProcName and the necessary Parameters. When I set Active to "True", I
get the error "Error Creating Cursor Handle". This occurs no matter what I
do in the stored procedure - I even removed all code in the procedure apart
from the "Create Proc" statement.

Another problem is when I go into Params property for TStoredProc, the
"Add", "Delete" and "Clear" buttons are more than likely greyed out. I have
to fiddle with all the properties and eventually I can go into Params and
these buttons are selectable.

I am going mad here - Can anybody help ?
--
braat...@terminal.rennies.co.za

Re:"Error Creating Cursor Handle"

Bronwen,

If your stored procedure isn't going to return a results set then you
must use the ExecProc method must like when using ExecSQL verses Active
:= True when using a TQuery.

HTH

Tim Victor
tvic...@erols.com
350 Steeplechase Drive
Exton PA 19341

Bronwen Raatgever wrote:

> Hi everyone - Any idea of how to solve this problem ?

> I have a TStoredProc component on my form with a datasource linked to it. I
> have a Sybase stored procedure which runs correctly and has no errors.
> However, when I am in the TStoredProc's properties, I specify the
> StoredProcName and the necessary Parameters. When I set Active to "True", I
> get the error "Error Creating Cursor Handle". This occurs no matter what I
> do in the stored procedure - I even removed all code in the procedure apart
> from the "Create Proc" statement.

> Another problem is when I go into Params property for TStoredProc, the
> "Add", "Delete" and "Clear" buttons are more than likely greyed out. I have
> to fiddle with all the properties and eventually I can go into Params and
> these buttons are selectable.

> I am going mad here - Can anybody help ?
> --
> braat...@terminal.rennies.co.za

Other Threads