two probems - date format and cached updates using a

Hi,

        I have an application, written in Delphi2 and using the BDE. It has 5
related tables and works very well  apart form the following:

It's for use in Engalnd and therefore uses the date format dd/mm/yy. On my
development PC eveything works OK. I can import data from a file, with the
date format dd/mm/yy as required.  I can then veiw the date via, for
instance dbgrid, and the data is still in the format dd/mm/yy. I've sent
the program to one of our other offices and the data imports OK, but when
the data is viewed, the format is in reverse, i.e. mm/dd/yy. I've checked
the date settings in control panel and alos in the BDE config utiliy and
eveything is identical on both PCs. I've also tried setting the delphi
global variable for date to dd/mm/yy, but no difference.

2nd problem:

I have to import data from a text file, and I cache the updates in case the
user wants to stop or on case of corrupt data. Using the TTabel 'Append',
'Post' ect, along with cahced updates works fine, but slowly, with or
without cahed updatess. If I use SQL, via a TQuery, the import is MUCH
faster, but when I try to apply updates at the end I get an error saying
it's not in the correct mode - I've try applying the cashe to the TQuery
and the underlying table, but no joy.

Any help on the above would be very much appretiated, and might stop me
aging prematurely,

TIA
Steve

Re:two probems - date format and cached updates using a

On 2 Aug 1997 09:51:50 GMT, "Stephen Gary Hammond"

<Step...@thegrove.force9.net> wrote:
>Hi,

>2nd problem:

>I have to import data from a text file, and I cache the updates in case the
>user wants to stop or on case of corrupt data. Using the TTabel 'Append',
>'Post' ect, along with cahced updates works fine, but slowly, with or
>without cahed updatess. If I use SQL, via a TQuery, the import is MUCH
>faster, but when I try to apply updates at the end I get an error saying
>it's not in the correct mode - I've try applying the cashe to the TQuery
>and the underlying table, but no joy.

>Any help on the above would be very much appretiated, and might stop me
>aging prematurely,

>TIA
>Steve

Steve - try using the TUpdateSQL, I think that will give you a way to
update your datasets.

D.

Other Threads