Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

        I have written a small database application that I want to run from a
diskette.  The app works fine from the computer
I wrote it on but when I try to run it from any other computer I receive
the above error when the database is being
opened.  The machines I try to run the application from do not have the DBE
or Delphi installed ( I don't know whether this matters or not )
        I would appreciate any advice on what I may be doing wrong to make this
happen with any possible solutions.

Thanks
Rod Short
sho...@enternet.com.au

Re:Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

Hello,

you must install also the BDE with your application !!
Try using InstallShield.

                                Stanley.

Rodney Short <sho...@enternet.com.au> p?e v?lnku
<01bcc81d$2bdde360$8f0508d2@system4>

>    I have written a small database application that I want to run from a
> diskette.  The app works fine from the computer
> I wrote it on but when I try to run it from any other computer I receive
> the above error when the database is being
> opened.  The machines I try to run the application from do not have the
DBE
> or Delphi installed ( I don't know whether this matters or not )
>    I would appreciate any advice on what I may be doing wrong to make this
> happen with any possible solutions.

> Thanks
> Rod Short
> sho...@enternet.com.au

Re:Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

Please You have to know that  for any delphi  appl.
if you use any database u have to install the database engine
and samething for Report Smith...so install DBE to make it work

Re:Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

 I have a component that solves this easily.  E-mail me if you want a copy
of it for free!

Ivan Bobk wrote in article <01bcc82c$f1bf65e0$48b9a0c2@ivanbob->...

>Hello,

>you must install also the BDE with your application !!
>Try using InstallShield.

> Stanley.

>Rodney Short <sho...@enternet.com.au> p?e v lnku
><01bcc81d$2bdde360$8f0508d2@system4>
>> I have written a small database application that I want to run from a
>> diskette.  The app works fine from the computer
>> I wrote it on but when I try to run it from any other computer I receive
>> the above error when the database is being
>> opened.  The machines I try to run the application from do not have the
>DBE
>> or Delphi installed ( I don't know whether this matters or not )
>> I would appreciate any advice on what I may be doing wrong to make this
>> happen with any possible solutions.

>> Thanks
>> Rod Short
>> sho...@enternet.com.au

Re:Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

Hi,

I don't realy knows, what the $2109 error means, but if you are using
Delphi DB applications on any machine, there MUST BE BDE INSTALED!!!!

Matjaz Prtenjak

> The machines I try to run the application from do not have the DBE
> or Delphi installed ( I don't know whether this matters or not )

Re:Borland Database Engine Error (error $2109)

  $2109 means:  System Related (fatal error) -- Cannot load IDAPIxx.DLL

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

kovinotehna <kovinote...@kovinotehna.si> wrote in article
<01bbcd45$6aa11640$3215f6c3@Unisoft>...

kovinotehna wrote:

> Hi,

> I don't realy knows, what the $2109 error means, but if you are using
> Delphi DB applications on any machine, there MUST BE BDE INSTALED!!!!

> Matjaz Prtenjak

> > The machines I try to run the application from do not have the DBE
> > or Delphi installed ( I don't know whether this matters or not )

Hi,

I had the same problem and I solved it this way:

Use the InstallShield(-Express), because with this tool it is possible
to include the BDE/ODBC files (with dBASE, Paradox, FoxPro-drivers) that
will be needed on any machine (of course except on your station; there
they are already installed). That secures that all files you don't know
whether they are on another computer will be copied into the
installation.

Hope to helped you.
Bye.
Michael (from Germany)