Create index of Paradox table -- Table is not indexed

I tried to create an index to a brand new table and always got the error
message "Table is not indexed." Could anyone be helpfule? Thanks.

Re:Create index of Paradox table -- Table is not indexed

Nick Wang wrote:

> I tried to create an index to a brand new table and always got the error
> message "Table is not indexed." Could anyone be helpfule? Thanks.

I don't know if there is another way to do it, but i just can make
AddIndex works on Paradox tables if: 1) the table already have a primary
index, 2) the table can be open in exclusive mode. It seems that
AddIndex can only create secondary indexes.

Hope this helps

odair from brazil

Re:Create index of Paradox table -- Table is not indexed

You have to create a primary index first.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.              )
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Re:Create index of Paradox table -- Table is not indexed

You can create a primary index, but I believe you have to create it first.

ex. tTable.AddIndex('Primary','MyField',[ixPrimary]);
      tTable.Addindex('Second','MyField1;MyFiedl2',[ ]);

Other Threads