Sending emails using Delphi

I'd like to be able to send emails using a program made in Delphi.
Basically it will send plain and simple ascii text using smtp, nothing too
flashy.  I'm quite familiar with how to use Delphi but I haven't made a
program that uses the Internet technology before.  Can anyone point me in
the right direction of where to start?  I'm using Delphi 6 and unsure of
which components to use.

TIA
- Link7

Re:Sending emails using Delphi

Use Indy. www.nevrona.com/indy

--
- Jimmy

"Link7" <li...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to be able to send emails using a program made in Delphi.
> Basically it will send plain and simple ascii text using smtp, nothing too
> flashy.  I'm quite familiar with how to use Delphi but I haven't made a
> program that uses the Internet technology before.  Can anyone point me in
> the right direction of where to start?  I'm using Delphi 6 and unsure of
> which components to use.

ICS (Internet Component Suite) - internet components
  http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm
Indy (Internet Direct, was Winshoes) - internet components
  http://www.nevrona.com/Indy

Other Threads