let a menu item show hint !!!

Hello, everyone

In IE, when a mouse points to a menu item of "Favorites", a tooltip will
popup to tell the location. Now I want to let my menu  show tooltips like
IE, but the "Hint" property of TMenuItem doesn't work.

How can I do ?

Any help is appriciated.

Re:let a menu item show hint !!!

hi

put in the hint property the text you want to appear and then change the
ShowHint property to True... ;)

cheers

"mozart" <moz...@xinhuanet.com> wrote in message

> Hello, everyone

> In IE, when a mouse points to a menu item of "Favorites", a tooltip will
> popup to tell the location. Now I want to let my menu  show tooltips like
> IE, but the "Hint" property of TMenuItem doesn't work.

> How can I do ?

> Any help is appriciated.

Re:let a menu item show hint !!!

From the Delphi help on Menu item hint:
"The hint text appears in a Help Hint window when the user pauses with the
mouse over the menu item if Help Hints are enabled (that is, if the Form's
and the Application's ShowHint properties are True). "

What it sais, is that the Application's ShowHint property must be TRUE
and also the Form's ShowHint property must be TRUE....
I made sure the component's ShowHint propery to which the menu is attached
is TRUE.

Nothing to do, it just refused to show a hint....

"mozart" <moz...@xinhuanet.com> wrote in message

> Hello, everyone

> In IE, when a mouse points to a menu item of "Favorites", a tooltip will
> popup to tell the location. Now I want to let my menu  show tooltips like
> IE, but the "Hint" property of TMenuItem doesn't work.

> How can I do ?

> Any help is appriciated.

Other Threads