Delphi3 BDE problems

We made the mistake of installing the Delphi3 BDE on machines in our
production
environment...

All of a sudden unexplained locks occur in the DBMS.
The source code hasn't changed, the executables are identical.
Nothing else but the BDE has been changed on the PC.
Yet the database behaviour has obviously changed.

Also we might have 9 delphi programs running on the machine,
now if we close 1 that has been using the BDE any other delphi
program running that also has been accessing the DBMS hangs
and must be killed with the task manager.

If I remove the Delphi3 BDE and reinstall Delphi2 all the probelms
are gone. The source code and executables are still unchanged.

Is anybody else experiencing these or similar problems???
Any ideas on what the problem is?? Fixes etc

Our environment is
NT4.0 for the clients running the delphi exe's.
ODBC - intersolve 32bit drivers.
Sun boxes (unix) for the database servers.
Ingres 6.4 for the dbms.
OpenIngres installed on the pc for the netu connection back to the unix
machine.

        Thanks in advance
                        Todd Hunter  ------> Todd.Hun...@fp.co.nz

--
This communication is made personally by me and I do not represent or
purport to represent the Fisher & Paykel Group or any of its subsidiaries.

Re:Delphi3 BDE problems

Todd Hunter wrote:

> We made the mistake of installing the Delphi3 BDE on machines in our
> production
> environment...
> /.....................

TeamB, please answer this... im worried about this, I have to buy D3 in
the next few days... :)

--
Jose Sebastian Battig

Important:

Please, when replying to me delete the "NOSPAM-"
part of the "reply to" e-mail address.

Por favor cuando me contestes usando "reply" borra
la parte de la direccion que dice "NOSPAM-".

Re:Delphi3 BDE problems

Gentlemen,
  You need to recompile the programs under D3 to make them compliant
with the new BDE.  We have done the same here on 2 different database
servers running BDE's.

Also keep in mind that BDE only supports 32 concurrent connections.

Jose Sebastian Battig <NOSPAM-k...@iname.com> wrote:

>Todd Hunter wrote:

>> We made the mistake of installing the Delphi3 BDE on machines in our
>> production
>> environment...
>> /.....................

>TeamB, please answer this... im worried about this, I have to buy D3 in
>the next few days... :)

>--
>Jose Sebastian Battig

>Important:

>Please, when replying to me delete the "NOSPAM-"
>part of the "reply to" e-mail address.

>Por favor cuando me contestes usando "reply" borra
>la parte de la direccion que dice "NOSPAM-".

Other Threads