Need HELP on Delphi and ReportSmith

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Delphi and ReportSmith :

In my program I have a Table and a Query based on a dBase file :
batim.dbf

At the same time I have created  with Report Smith  a report based on
the same file.

My problem is the following :
How can I send to the report the only records of the Query and not all
the records of  batim.dbf ?

Thanks

Luca

Re:Need HELP on Delphi and ReportSmith

ra...@cui.unige.ch (Luca RANFT) wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I have a problem with Delphi and ReportSmith :
>In my program I have a Table and a Query based on a dBase file :
>batim.dbf
>At the same time I have created  with Report Smith  a report based on
>the same file.
>My problem is the following :
>How can I send to the report the only records of the Query and not all
>the records of  batim.dbf ?
>Thanks
>Luca

Luca,

what I would do (if I had NO CHOICE but to use reportsmith), is to
create report variables and set the scope of the report to be =/<> or
between  the those variables. Then pass the values of the report
variables in your delphi code to the report where you launch it. I am
not sure of the syntax, but it is documented in the online help.
The other way is to create a temporary table which you load with the
values of you query, and empty the table when you are done with the
report .

Hope this helps
Roman Vinnik

Re:Need HELP on Delphi and ReportSmith

In article <4jmoku$...@missile.iprolink.ch>, ra...@cui.unige.ch (Luca

RANFT) writes:
>I have a problem with Delphi and ReportSmith :

>In my program I have a Table and a Query based on a dBase file :
>batim.dbf

>At the same time I have created  with Report Smith  a report based on
>the same file.

>My problem is the following :
>How can I send to the report the only records of the Query and not all
>the records of  batim.dbf ?

Reportsmith needs to look at a table. If you put the results of the query
in a table and have Reportsmith print from that table that would of course
give you what you want.
But!!! Reportsmith is capable of Query-ing also. You can just let him
re-query your table. You will probably need 1 or more 'Report Variables'
in ReportSmith. Delphi will have to assign values to the Report variables
via the TReport Component. You will need to set the query/quieries up
under Tools-selections (in Reportsmith).

If you wish to follow this approach and have problems with the ReportSmith
'informative' help system you can e-mail me more info and I wil help.

Jamie
Armaretta Consulting
Southampton NJ.

Other Threads