Undeclared identifier: dsEdit??

I am trying to read the state of a dataset using the statement:
if DataModule1.Appraisals.State in [dsEdit,dsInsert] then

and the Delphi compiler keeps giving me the error message
Undeclared Identifier:  dsEdit.

Where is the constant dsEdit defined??  Thanks!

Mark Huebner
mhueb...@iac.net

Re:Undeclared identifier: dsEdit??

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997 09:11:48 GMT, mhueb...@iac.net (Mark Huebner)
wrote:

>Where is the constant dsEdit defined??

It is defined in the DB unit. It is of type TDataSetState.

Regards,

Jani J?rvinen
Helsinki Finland

Tools, information, tips, reviews & bug lists
for professional Delphi, Win32 and WinHelp developers.

mailto:ja...@dystopia.fi
http://www.dystopia.fi/~janij/

Mark Huebner wrote:

|> I am trying to read the state of a dataset using the statement:
|> if DataModule1.Appraisals.State in [dsEdit,dsInsert] then
|>
|> and the Delphi compiler keeps giving me the error message
|> Undeclared Identifier:  dsEdit.
|>
|> Where is the constant dsEdit defined??  Thanks!

|\> mhueb...@iac.net

Just use if datamodule1.appraisals.state = dsedit then
makes sure you have db in the uses clause.

Re:Undeclared identifier: dsEdit??

--------------767C77F0D6BA8EFE8596144A

add uses Db;

Raimonds Udris

Mark Huebner wrote:
> I am trying to read the state of a dataset using the statement:
> if DataModule1.Appraisals.State in [dsEdit,dsInsert] then

> and the Delphi compiler keeps giving me the error message
> Undeclared Identifier:  dsEdit.

> Where is the constant dsEdit defined??  Thanks!

> Mark Huebner
> mhueb...@iac.net

--------------767C77F0D6BA8EFE8596144A

begin:          vcard