Problem with ADO Stored Proc and Parameters

We get an error when assigning values to our parameters of a Stored
Procedure. It says the first Parameter can not be found. It is perfect as in
the Stored procedure and it is assigned a valid value.

Does the standard rule of Opening and Closing a Stored procedure when using
a SELECT statement and also just using ExecProc when using an INSERT or
UPDATE statement apply in ADO? Is it required to set Active False and then
true rather.

Please shed some light for us on this because we are desperate in our effort
of converting to ADO Stored procedures from Std TADOQuery components because
all the rules we used before seems to have changed.

Here is the Stored Proc

Alter Procedure spILoad1
  @pID varchar(10),
  @pLOADTYPEID int,
  @pLOADDATE datetime,
  @pORIGINID varchar(10),
  @pDESTID varchar(10),
  @pCARRIERID varchar(10)

As

  INSERT INTO LOADS (ID, LOADTYPEID, LOADDATE, ORIGINID, DESTID, CARRIERID)
                                 VALUES (@pID, @pLOADTYPEID, @pLOADDATE,
@pORIGINID, @pDESTID, @pCARRIERID)

return

and the code where we call it

//  dmData.spILoad1.Active := false;  ???????????? is this required?
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pID').Value := ID;
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pLOADTYPEID').Value :=
dmData.tLocal['LOADTYPEID'];
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pLOADDATE').Value := now;
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pORIGINID').Value := 'NIS';
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pDESTID').Value :=
trim(Edit15.Text);
  dmData.spILoad1.Parameters.ParamByName('@pCARRIERID').Value :=
trim(DBLookupComboBox4.KeyValue);
  dmData.spILoad1.ExecProc;

Re:Problem with ADO Stored Proc and Parameters

    Take a look at the thread, Problem with stored procedures and parameters
dated 4-6-2001.
--
Sunil Furtado
New Mangalore Port Trust

Christo Botha <chris...@scsolutions.co.za> wrote in message

> We get an error when assigning values to our parameters of a Stored
> Procedure. It says the first Parameter can not be found. It is perfect as
in
> the Stored procedure and it is assigned a valid value.

Other Threads