How to Get An Existing Word 97 object?

In Delphi, we can use CreateOleObject to create a Word 97 object, like this:

var
Word97:Variant
Word97:=CreateOleObject('Word.Application')
//Then we can use the variable Word97 to control Microsoft Word97

  But sometimes when Microsoft Word 97 is already running and the creation of
another instance is unnecessary, we just want to call some function which
will return the existing instance(object).  I know that in Visual Basic for
Applications, one can create a new Word 97 object by calling the function
CreateObject and get the existing one, if any, by calling GetObject.  Then,
using Delphi, how can we retrieve the existing Word 97 object?

   Thank you!