"Table is full" error

2 questions, if you can forgive my poor english capabilities :

I work with PARADOX V4 tables and Delphi2.
This tables are updated with batchmove components. Put the process is
interrupted by a "table is full" error.
Does anyone knows the reason ?
I search the Paradox4 specification (max records,...)

I create the tables with the BDE utilities of Delphi2. I choose
"Paradox7" format but it seems that the tables are in "Paradox4" format
(struct. info. by BDE utilities). Why ?

Thanks you.

Re:"Table is full" error

If you want to force the level, set it in the BDECfg.exe or
BDEAdmin.exe. In the drivers section choose paradox and set level to 7.

NOTE: The BDE determines the minimum level required when creating a new
table and sets the table to that level or the level specified in your
idapi32.cfg file, whichever is the higher.

The table full issue is another issue. BDE will use up to 65536 blocks
which are specified as blocksize in your idapi32.cfg. Calculate your
physical record size. i.e. with a 100 byte physical record and a 1k
block you would calculate:

1024 - 6 = 1018         // 6 bytes required overhead
1018 div 100 = 10       // 10 recs per block
trunc( 10 * .95 ) = 9 records per block  // .95 fill factor

Garry Kernan

Frdric Dang wrote:

> 2 questions, if you can forgive my poor english capabilities :

> I work with PARADOX V4 tables and Delphi2.
> This tables are updated with batchmove components. Put the process is
> interrupted by a "table is full" error.
> Does anyone knows the reason ?
> I search the Paradox4 specification (max records,...)

> I create the tables with the BDE utilities of Delphi2. I choose
> "Paradox7" format but it seems that the tables are in "Paradox4" format
> (struct. info. by BDE utilities). Why ?

> Thanks you.

Other Threads