Kill Process SQL Server 7

Hi all!

I have program that works with MS SQL Server 7.

I need uninstall MS SQL Server 7 automatically and install MS SQL Server
2000. All processes must to be done by my program.

I need to kill service MS SQL Server 7! I tried TerminateProcess from API
Windows but it not run.

Any hints?

Regards,

Wellerson

Re:Kill Process SQL Server 7

Stop the service, don't kill the process.

If the service doesn't stop properly, there's a bigger problem you need to
handle.

You can either use NET STOP SQLSERVER (or whatever it's named), or use the
service controller to stop the service.  The service controller is the
proper API way to do it.

Eric

Other Threads