sybase

I am writing a application using sybase.
I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

Chaim Turkel

Re:sybase

<<I am writing a application using sybase.
I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

go native very fast with an incredible feature set.

www.geocities.com/ctlibcomps/

It will also be available for Kylix and ASTA will be distributing it.

--
Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
Code it once with ASTA and run it anywhere

Re:sybase

"Chaim Turkel" <ch...@tradertools.com> wrote

> I am writing a application using sybase.
> I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

Chiam,
    ADO or ODBC should be better. Even BDE is also good with Sybase (excpet
for some quirks with BIT datatypes, and Opening more than one active
Statements on a single Connection), it wont have any upgrades in future.

-- Reddy Palle.

Re:sybase

If you have a ADO native Drive for Sybase ,try use ADO,
else use BDE, because ADO drive for ODBC+ ODBC is not
so good.

Brave Chu
iam...@21cn.com

Chaim Turkel <ch...@tradertools.com> wrote in message

> I am writing a application using sybase.
> I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

> Chaim Turkel

Re:sybase

"Steve Garland" <sgarl...@astatech.com> wrote

> go native very fast with an incredible feature set.

> www.geocities.com/ctlibcomps/

> It will also be available for Kylix and ASTA will be distributing it.

Any reason why Asta is not doing that already (for Delphi)? They seemed like
very good components (minus the Controls like Derived CheckBox etc.), but
obscure.

-- Reddy Palle

Re:sybase

<Any reason why Asta is not doing that already (for Delphi)? They seemed
like
very good components (minus the Controls like Derived CheckBox etc.), but
obscure.

they are excellent components and yes when we put up pages for the Kylix
version we will also announce the windows version also as well as
newsgroups.

written by our own Stephan Marais smar...@astatech.com

and of course we have an AstaCTLibServer that is our server with the most
metadata support thanks to Stephan<g>

--
Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
Code it once with ASTA and run it anywhere
Servers (Win32,Linux,Java) Clients (Win32,Linux,Java,Palm,WinCE)
ASTA Technology Group http://www.astatech.com

Re:sybase

"Steve Garland" <sgarl...@astatech.com> wrote

> and of course we have an AstaCTLibServer that is our server with the most
> metadata support thanks to Stephan<g>

What is metadata support.What kind of metadata support does it have?

-- Reddy Palle

Re:sybase

where can i get a ado native driver?
"Brave Chu" <iam...@21cn.com> wrote in message news:3a99a922_2@dnews...
> If you have a ADO native Drive for Sybase ,try use ADO,
> else use BDE, because ADO drive for ODBC+ ODBC is not
> so good.

> Brave Chu
> iam...@21cn.com

> Chaim Turkel <ch...@tradertools.com> wrote in message
> > I am writing a application using sybase.
> > I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

> > Chaim Turkel

Re:sybase

<What is metadata support.What kind of metadata support does it have?

you know tablenames,fieldnames, stored procedures, params for stored
procedures, triggers etc.

--
Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
Code it once with ASTA and run it anywhere
Servers (Win32,Linux,Java) Clients (Win32,Linux,Java,Palm,WinCE)
ASTA Technology Group http://www.astatech.com

Re:sybase

Chiam,
Try usual vendors like merant, openlink software etc. Or jsut search on your
Sybase installation disk, or the sybase website for downloads.

-- Reddy Palle.

"Chaim Turkel" <ch...@tradertools.com> wrote

> where can i get a ado native driver?

Re:sybase

Yes, but your application will not work in another computer if DBE is not
installed.

"Steve Garland" <sgarl...@astatech.com> wrote in message

> <<I am writing a application using sybase.
> I wanted to know is it better to use BDE or ADO

> go native very fast with an incredible feature set.

> www.geocities.com/ctlibcomps/

> It will also be available for Kylix and ASTA will be distributing it.

> --
> Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
> Code it once with ASTA and run it anywhere
> Servers (Win32,Linux) Clients (Win32,Linux,Java,Palm,WinCE)
> ASTA Technology Group http://www.astatech.com

Other Threads