Delphi reference book?

Hi,

I recently moved from VB to Delphi and I,m looking for language
reference book like Microsoft Qbasic Bible or Microsoft VB Reference
or Turbo Pascal Reference Guide.
Searching net was not very success full, I find only one title -
Delphi Super Bible and the reviews wasn't make me run to the book
store
and buy it right a way.
In the local book stores is not much about Delphi and the titles I
checked, generally speaking, deal with visual components.

Anyway, If somebody know a good reference book about Delphi 1 and 3
language please let me know.

Thank you

Andy Basinski
ba...@canadawired.com

Re:Delphi reference book?

>Anyway, If somebody know a good reference book about Delphi 1 and 3
>language please let me know.

Hmmm,  could start a book war but.....

Try Mastering Delphi by Marco Cantu.  There are editions for each of
the Delphi releases,  but if you get the D3 one then there are the
examples from the D1 book (albeit with different chapters etc).

                Jeff

Re:Delphi reference book?

ANDY wrote:

> Hi,

> I recently moved from VB to Delphi and I,m looking for language
> reference book like Microsoft Qbasic Bible or Microsoft VB Reference
> or Turbo Pascal Reference Guide.
> Searching net was not very success full, I find only one title -
> Delphi Super Bible and the reviews wasn't make me run to the book
> store
> and buy it right a way.
> In the local book stores is not much about Delphi and the titles I
> checked, generally speaking, deal with visual components.

> Anyway, If somebody know a good reference book about Delphi 1 and 3
> language please let me know.

> Thank you

> Andy Basinski
> ba...@canadawired.com

Andy,

Try
  Delphi 3 Developers Guide
  Delphi 3 Users Guide
  Delphi 3 Object Pascal Language Guide
  Delphi 3 Borland Interbase Server Getting Started
  Delphi 3 Visual Component Library Reference Volume 1
  Delphi 3 Visual Component Library Reference Volume 2

When you purchase Delphi 3 you get these good manuals for free (included
in the box).

Stephan Marais

Re:Delphi reference book?

On Thu, 14 May 1998 22:23:01 GMT, ba...@canadawired.com (ANDY) wrote:

You might want to check out :

Mastering Delphi 3, Second Edition
List Price: $49.99; Online Price: $39.95 (20% off); You Save: $10.04
By Cantu, Marco; Softcover; 1476 Pages
Published by Sybex Inc.; 04/1997; ISBN: 0782120520
In Stock - Orders received by 4 p.m. pacific time will ship the same
business day
CD-ROM included.

at Computer Literacy - www.clbooks.com

Hope this helps.

Best,

>Hi,

>I recently moved from VB to Delphi and I,m looking for language
>reference book like Microsoft Qbasic Bible or Microsoft VB Reference
>or Turbo Pascal Reference Guide.
>Searching net was not very success full, I find only one title -
>Delphi Super Bible and the reviews wasn't make me run to the book
>store
>and buy it right a way.
>In the local book stores is not much about Delphi and the titles I
>checked, generally speaking, deal with visual components.

>Anyway, If somebody know a good reference book about Delphi 1 and 3
>language please let me know.

>Thank you

>Andy Basinski
>ba...@canadawired.com

Re:Delphi reference book?

Andy,

Look up the Delphi Super Pages for some excellent resources - under
documentation, there is a Delphi / Pascal Object Language Guide in PDF
format available for download; I think the file is OBJLANG.ZIP or
somesuch.

If you can't find it, drop me a line at my office address
(ajoub...@maven.co.za) - I think I have a copy of it somewhere, and
I'll be glad to e-mail it to you.

HTH

Andre Joubert
rib...@eastcoast.co.za
ajoub...@maven.co.za

On Thu, 14 May 1998 22:23:01 GMT, ba...@canadawired.com (ANDY) wrote:

>I recently moved from VB to Delphi and I,m looking for language
>............ the titles I
>checked, generally speaking, deal with visual components.

Re:Delphi reference book?

>I recently moved from VB to Delphi and I,m looking for language

Thanks to everybody for input.

Andy Basinski
ba...@canadawired.com

Other Threads