commit doesn't really write to disk ?

how can i instruct the bde, to commit all pending data
really to (hard)disk ?

if I call database.commit,  appearently any data is flushed to
bde-internal buffers, but not to harddisk: when i turn off the
power of my workstation or kill the program's task...
any data posted before is lost...

the only way to commit to disk seems to close all (!) views of
the database table and reopen them, but this is to slow, especially
if you have to open some query's, too.

please help me.

Re:commit doesn't really write to disk ?

Have you checked the BDE administrator to make sure the LOCAL share is set
to true?

Regards
Kelvin Taite
DKT Enterprises

Matthias Winckelmann <m...@gmx.net> wrote in article
<6d6n98$8...@forums.borland.com>...

> how can i instruct the bde, to commit all pending data
> really to (hard)disk ?

> if I call database.commit,  appearently any data is flushed to
> bde-internal buffers, but not to harddisk: when i turn off the
> power of my workstation or kill the program's task...
> any data posted before is lost...

> the only way to commit to disk seems to close all (!) views of
> the database table and reopen them, but this is to slow, especially
> if you have to open some query's, too.

> please help me.

Re:commit doesn't really write to disk ?

Local Share or DBISaveChanges.

Re:commit doesn't really write to disk ?

What database are you using?  If you are using local Paradox or dBase tables
set Local Share to True in the BDE Administrator and turn off Windows write
caching.

--
Bill