Thanks Borland, Tamarack, TeamB, and the Delphi community!

Just a quick note.  Last week I was evaluating a new printer from Xerox.
Turns out it wouldn't print in duplex from Windows NT.  I'm pretty sure it's a
driver issue, and I've had a great response from their front line folks so
far.

Over the weekend I thought - why don't I write a little console app that just
uses the Windows API, reports the OS, queries all the installed printers, and
sees if the device caps returns duplex capable?  I could then send the app to
the Xerox folks to prove it was a driver issue, not WordPerfect, poorly
written in-house software, or some such lame excuse.

Low and behold, in an hour of working under Windows 98 (yes, Playstation 98!)
on Delphi 6, I had a working console app that logged all this stuff to a text
file and launched the registered text file editor.  Then, to cap matters off,
I realized that this could all compile under the free Delphi 6 Personal
Edition!  So, I was able to send the full source to an application and
(hopefully) promote Delphi.

Thanks to Borland for a great product that's comfortable to use!
Thanks to Tamarack Associates for keeping www.tamaracka.com alive - ^Delphi is
a huge time saver!
Thanks to TeamB for hugely insightful posts, sample code, etc.
Thanks to the regular folks who hang out here, who frequently elucidate on
TeamB's answers, and share the "best practices to avoid" <g>

--
-Brion
Team JEDI, 2001 Spirit of Delphi Award Winners

Re:Thanks Borland, Tamarack, TeamB, and the Delphi community!

Uh, that's "no possible way I could ever *adequately* express...."  :-)

MR.

"Mike Ryan" <miker...@fitweb-NO-SPAM.com.au> wrote in message

> There's just no possible way I could ever express my appreciation for The
> Community.

Re:Thanks Borland, Tamarack, TeamB, and the Delphi community!

I agree sooooo much! (except I use GoogleGroups instead of Tamarack :-)

I would not have had a hope in hell of being as successful as I have been if
it weren't for the Delphi Community (incl. TeamB).

"Brion L. Webster" <brion.webs...@no.spam.ci.fresno.ca.us> wrote in message

> Thanks to Borland for a great product that's comfortable to use!
> Thanks to Tamarack Associates for keeping www.tamaracka.com alive -
^Delphi is
> a huge time saver!
> Thanks to TeamB for hugely insightful posts, sample code, etc.
> Thanks to the regular folks who hang out here, who frequently elucidate on
> TeamB's answers, and share the "best practices to avoid" <g>

Other Threads