VBAJET32.DLL problem

I have an application that uses an ACCESS95 Database.  I have BDE 5.0 and
OFFICE 97 installed on my machine.  We install this piece of software on
many machines.  Some with Office95 and some with office 97.  On the
computers with 95 there is no problems.  On the computers with 97 there are
problems.

First of all the install asks for DAO3032.dll.  I know that is for access95.
So I move this file into the directory that is requested.  It then asks for
MSJINT32.DLL and MSJTER32.dll.  I move those into the requested directory
and then I can register DAO3032.dll with regsrvr32.  After this I get an
error that has completely stumped me.

General SQL Error
     The Jet VBA file(VBAJet.DLL for 16 bit versions,or VBAJET32.dll for 32
bit versions) failed to initialize when called.  Try Alias.

Does anyone know what the problem is.  I have gotten the program to work on
some computers that have OFFICE97 and Delphi installed on them.  But the
problem occurs on computers that do not have Delphi on them.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

craig

Re:VBAJET32.DLL problem

Craig,

I can't point to anything specific re: your problem but since it works on
those computers that have Office97 AND Delphi, you could try to determine
which files Delphi has loaded and see if they are later versions or missing
on the computers that do not work.

I have done this more than once. It's a pain but sometimes it provides the
answer.

Good luck

Re:VBAJET32.DLL problem

>First of all the install asks for DAO3032.dll.  I know that is for access95.
>So I move this file into the directory that is requested.  It then asks for
>MSJINT32.DLL and MSJTER32.dll.  I move those into the requested directory
>and then I can register DAO3032.dll with regsrvr32.  After this I get an
>error that has completely stumped me.

>General SQL Error
>     The Jet VBA file(VBAJet.DLL for 16 bit versions,or VBAJET32.dll for 32
>bit versions) failed to initialize when called.  Try Alias.

DAO needs all of these files
    DAO3032.dll
    MSJT3032.dll
    MSJTER32.dll
    MSJINT32.dll
    VBAJET32.dll
    VBAR2232.dll

All except DAO3032.dll go in the Windows/System direcotry of a Win95/98 machine

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:VBAJET32.DLL problem

>DAO needs all of these files
>    DAO3032.dll
>    MSJT3032.dll
>    MSJTER32.dll
>    MSJINT32.dll
>    VBAJET32.dll
>    VBAR2232.dll

Thanks, I made sure all these files were on the computer, and if they
weren't I put them there, and now the program works fine.  Thanks for your
assistance.

craig

Other Threads