How to include in make utility ?

Hi there, thanx for reading this posting.

I'm looking for the syntax to use for the make utility from Borland.

I have two projects, with a makefile for each.

Now I need a makefile that include the two others.

Example
----Start of MakeFile.1-----
Start1:
   DoSomething
----End of MakeFile.1-----

----Start of MakeFile.2-----
Start2:
   DoSomething
----End of MakeFile.2-----

Now I need to do something like this:

----Start of MakeFile.All-----
Include makefile.2
Include makefile.2

StartBoth: Start1 Start2
   Echo Both projects was buiild!

----End of MakeFile.All-----

My problem lies in the syntax of the to include lines, and please not
RTFM, because I've lost the Tools manual from BP7 and havent been able
to find the docs for the Make utility in the Delphi 1.00
documentation.

Thank you for your time.

Venlig hilsen / Viele grsse / Best regards
        Henning

+-----------------------+------------------------------------------+
| _H_P_C_o_n_s_u_l_t_   | Work:   mailto:hpcons...@post1.tele.dk   |
| Henning Petersen      +------------------------------------------+
| Skoletoften 9, Blans  | Privat: mailto:oz1...@post1.tele.dk      |
| DK - 6400 Soenderborg | Privat: http://home1.inet.tele.dk/oz1lln |
+-----------------------+------------------------------------------+

Re:How to include in make utility ?

henning.peter...@post1.tele.dk (Henning Petersen) wrote:
>Hi there, thanx for reading this posting.
>I'm looking for the syntax to use for the make utility from Borland.
>I have two projects, with a makefile for each.
>Now I need a makefile that include the two others.

From the Borland Pascal 7.0 Tools and Utilities Guide, I quote:

!include filename

filename can be surrounded by quotes ("filename") or angle brackets
(<filename>). You can nest these directives to any depth.

{end quote]

I didn't test if this works for the version that comes with Delphi,
but you will probably find out in a minute.

>My problem lies in the syntax of the to include lines, and please not
>RTFM, because I've lost the Tools manual from BP7 and havent been able
>to find the docs for the Make utility in the Delphi 1.00
>documentation.

I couldn't find a description of the MAKE utility in the Delphi 1.0
docs,  manuals and help files either. Is it really missing, or can
someone tell us where to look? The MAKE.EXE files from Borland Pascal
7.0 and Borland Delphi 1.0 have a different file size and date.

Bob Ferguson.

J.R. Ferguson, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: j.r.fergu...@iname.com
web: www.xs4all.nl/~ferguson
Freeware for DOS and Windows

Other Threads