Small Delphi Job Available - Utility Program

I am a programmer myself but need someone to help write a small utility that
would make life so much easier for me.

I have about 1,000 small images in BMP format with a white background. Each one
has alot of extra background around it. I need a program that can take an image
and trim off any extra background until there is any color other than white in
the row/column of the pixels.

For example, if you have an image that is 400 x 400 pixels in size and you
place a small red circle image in the middle or anywhere, I want a program that
will keep cutting off each row/column until each 4 sides is close to the image.
Then save the image. It would be even better if i can load a list of image
filenames from a text file, let the program load one, make the changes, save
the image again and go to the next. Just a little nice enhancement!

To do this with my paint shop pro program, it will take me forever for 1,000
images! This can be done in Delphi or VB.

Please email me if you are interested and what you would charge. I'm on a tight
budget right now.

Thanks!

SeeTommyH...@aol.com

Re:Small Delphi Job Available - Utility Program

"SeeTommyHere" <seetommyh...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20010411224739.05321.00002402@ng-fc1.aol.com...
> I am a programmer myself but need someone to help write a small utility that
> would make life so much easier for me.

> I have about 1,000 small images in BMP format with a white background. Each one
> has alot of extra background around it. I need a program that can take an image
> and trim off any extra background until there is any color other than white in
> the row/column of the pixels.

> For example, if you have an image that is 400 x 400 pixels in size and you
> place a small red circle image in the middle or anywhere, I want a program that
> will keep cutting off each row/column until each 4 sides is close to the image.
> Then save the image. It would be even better if i can load a list of image
> filenames from a text file, let the program load one, make the changes, save
> the image again and go to the next. Just a little nice enhancement!

> To do this with my paint shop pro program, it will take me forever for 1,000
> images! This can be done in Delphi or VB.

> Please email me if you are interested and what you would charge. I'm on a tight
> budget right now.

http://www.ryansimmons.com/users/irfanview/

irfanview does batch cropping, don't know if it has whitespace cropping yet though
freeware
can't hurt to look

Other Threads